Not only is this swirled Eggnog Bundt Cake beautiful when sliced, it has a perfect texture and delicious holiday flavor. Drizzled with caramel eggnog sauce, it is irresistible!
I just can’t let the Christmas season pass without making at least one recipe that calls for eggnog. This year I’m having a hard time finding it. Every time we hit the grocery store, they are out of eggnog. My 14 year old is especially bummed, he loves eggnog. I sure hope we can find some soon!
Last year when I was actually able to find eggnog, I made this eggnog cake for the first time. It got a big thumbs up from my family. It is packed with spicy eggnog flavor, and is buttery and moist. So yummy!
You only add spices to half of the batter, so you end up with a pretty swirled cake when you cut it open. Such a beautiful presentation, it’s sure to wow your guests even before they take a bite!
I shared the recipe for the caramel eggnog sauce last week, and it is a perfect addition to this cake. You could of course add a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well. No matter how you serve it, it is sure to please the eggnog lovers in your life!
CHECK OUT THESE CAKE RECIPES:
- Grasshopper Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- Carrot Pineapple Cake
- Oatmeal Cake
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
EGGNOG BUNDT CAKE
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup eggnog (from the dairy section)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp rum flavoring
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and beat for about 5 minutes. Beat in eggnog, vanilla, and rum extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the wet ingredients.
- Pour HALF of the batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan. (I used Baker's Joy.)
- Stir together the nutmeg and cinnamon to remove any lumps. Add to the remaining batter and stir till well combined. Pour over the batter in the pan and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Serve with Caramel Eggnog Sauce.
You can substitute 3 cups cake flour for the 5 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g