Fudgy Grasshopper Cake . . . with a light mint flavor and two layers of topping, this chocolate mint cake is out of this world!
I love chocolate mint any time of year, but it really calls to me during the Christmas season. It’s just not holiday season around here without at least a couple mint chocolate treats, and this Grasshopper Fudge Cake is a new favorite.
It starts with a cake mix (I like Duncan Hines), so it comes together in minutes. And it slices up so pretty! You add a little green food coloring to some of the batter, then drop it by spoonfuls on top of the white batter.
Take a butter knife and gently pull it through the batter.
Those lovely swirls bake up so pretty, and are so fun to slice into when serving.
After the cake is baked and cooled, it gets topped with a simple chocolate fudge sauce that you whip up in the microwave. I dare you not to taste a spoonful; it is so decadent!
On top of that rich and creamy fudge layer is a light and fluffy layer of mint whipped cream. And of course, if you want, you can garnish the top with chopped or shaved Andes Mints. Perfection!
If you love chocolate mint like I do, you must try this cake. It is absolutely irresistible!
Today is National Cake Day, so I’m teaming up with some incredible bloggers to bring you over 19 cake recipes that will leave you drooling!
9 Brand New Cake Recipes:
- Chocolate Cake with Coconut Buttercream from Gather for Bread
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake from Ashlee Marie
- Gingerbread Spice Cake from Life Made Simple
- Lemon Curd Cupcakes from The Baker Upstairs
- Cranberry Pound Cake from Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Ginger Spiced Pear Cake from Namely Marl
- Fudgy Grasshopper Cake HERE
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake from Foodie with Family
Even more cake recipes:
- Cream of Coconut Bundt Cake
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cake
- Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Raspberry Cream Poke Cake
- Chocolate Custard Cake
Fudgy Grasshopper Cake
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Andes Mints for garnish if desired
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding 1 1/2 tsp mint extract to the batter. Pour all but 1 cup of the batter into a well greased 9x13" pan.
- Add 3-4 drops food coloring to reserved batter. Drop by spoonfuls on top of white batter. Swirl with a knife. Bake as instructed on box. Cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and milk in a glass bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Let cool. When cake is cooled, spread chocolate fudge over the top.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp mint extract, and food coloring. Beat till well mixed, then spread over fudge layer. Garnish with Andes Mints if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g