A buttery crumb topping makes this Eggnog Quick Bread extra yummy! It is a perfect bread recipe for the holidays.
We have a yeast based recipe for Cranberry Eggnog Bread that we absolutely love. But I’ve been trying for several years to find a recipe for a quick eggnog bread. They were either too sweet, or too bland, or too dry. . .
I adapted the recipe from one I found at Lil Luna. Kristyn used glaze on her bread, but we preferred the crumb topping. I love that it adds a nice buttery crunch.
I like baking most of my quick breads in these mini loaf pans. They don’t take as long to bake, so the middle gets done before the crust gets too browned. Plus they are tiny and cute and the perfect size for putting in cellophane bags to share with friends.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try, it is perfect for holiday baking!
LOVE EGGNOG? TRY THESE:
MORE TASTY QUICK BREAD RECIPES:
- Raspberry Banana Bread
- Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- Applesauce Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cream Cheese Zucchini Bread
- Dutch Apple Bread
- Zucchini Bread with Pineapple
Eggnog Quick Bread with Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4oz) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3/4 cups prepared eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup soft salted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and dry pudding mix till creamy. Beat in eggnog, eggs, vanilla, and rum extract.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and stir till combined.
- Spread batter into four mini loaf pans that have been well greased and floured.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with a fork till crumbly. Divide evenly on top of the four loaves.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g