If you love magic cookie bars, you will adore these graham cracker cookies! Sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, coconut, and graham crackers all combined into one epic chocolate chip cookie.
You don’t even need a mixer, just stir all the ingredients together, and you’re ready to bake. One of the easiest cookie recipes ever!
THE PERFECT COOKIE FOR 7 LAYER BAR FANS!
I got this graham cracker cookie recipe years ago from my aunt Donna. She made them for a family reunion, and after one bite I knew I had to have the recipe! She called them seven layer bar cookies, because they taste just like those magical bars.
- Sweetened condensed milk gives them amazing flavor, and keeps them nice and soft.
- Instead of a graham cracker crust, the graham cracker crumbs make up the cookie dough. They take the place of some of the flour, and make the cookies so good!
- Chewy coconut in every bite, just like the bars.
- Nuts add a bit of crunch; we like pecans!
- Chocolate – you can never go wrong with chocolate chips, can you? I like to use semi sweet chocolate chips for this recipe. Not only do they melt better, they balance out the sweetness of the condensed milk.
There are no eggs in the cookie dough, so you can eat it to your heart’s content. And trust me, you’re going to want to. It’s seriously AMAZING!
Are graham cracker crumbs the same as graham crackers?
Graham cracker crumbs are simply graham crackers that have been finely crushed. You can make them at home with a food processor, blender or even rolling pin and ziplock bag.
Or of course you can purchase them. For this recipe you will need 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, which is the equivalent of about 9 full crackers.
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST GRAHAM CRACKER COOKIES
- PREP – Soften your butter to room temperature. Use a food processor or blender to crush your graham crackers. Line your cookie sheets with silicone liners, or spray with non stick spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- MAKE DOUGH – Dump all of the ingredients into a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Yes, that’s it! (I like to reserve some chocolate chips for the tops of the cookies.)
- FORM – Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough. Roll in balls and place on prepared pans. Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand. For a pretty bakery look, press some chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- BAKE – Bake cookies at 350° for 8-10 minutes, or just until the centers are set. Let cool on pans for 3-5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
How to store leftover cookies
These cookies will last for up to a week at room temperature if stored in an airtight container.
You can also freeze them. I like to place them in heavy duty ziplock bags. They will last for 4-5 months. You can either let them thaw at room temperature, or just heat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
- We like semi sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate, or even add half butterscotch chips.
- Toasting the coconut first is also tasty, but it makes for a less chewy, more crunchy cookie.
- As always, toasting the pecans first makes them taste even better! If you prefer walnuts, they are a perfect substitution.
MORE AMAZING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- Rice Krispie Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
- S’mores Cookie
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- Kitchen Sink Cookie Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
GRAHAM CRACKER COOKIE RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 full crackers)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Soften your butter. Use a food processor to crush your graham crackers. Line cookie sheets with silicone liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Dump all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir really well till thoroughly combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto silpat lined or greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. For bakery style cookies, roll them into balls and press a few chocolate chips into the tops of each dough ball.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown and centers are set.
- Let cool on pans 3-5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender, or place crackers in a ziplock bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
My dough balls weighed about an ounce. If yours are larger or smaller, you may need to adjust the baking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g