If you’re a fan of honey mustard dressing, you’ll love this easy recipe that you can make at home. Say goodbye to store-bought dressings and hello to homemade goodness!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious dressing that’s perfect for salads, dipping, and more!
When it comes to salad dressing, I am kind of a snob. Once I started making homemade dressing, I couldn’t go back to the bottled stuff. I will actually pick a restaurant based on how good their dressing is. Crazy, I know.
But when you eat as much salad as I do, dressing is important! And making dressing at home is just so easy, it’s completely worth it because it tastes SO MUCH BETTER.
This creamy honey mustard dressing recipe is on the sweet side, so feel free to adjust the amount of honey according to your taste. Or of course you can add more mustard to balance it out.
Frequently asked questions:
In addition to honey and mustard, it contains seasonings like salt, pepper, and garlic. It also has some type of oil such as mayonnaise or olive oil, in addition to an acidic component like apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
While most of the time they can be used interchangeably, there is a difference. Honey mustard usually refers to the dipping sauce, which has a thicker consistency.
Honey mustard dressing usually has more liquid and less mayonnaise, so it isn’t quite as thick and creamy as the honey mustard dipping sauce, which makes it better for coating your salad.
Raw honey does have some antioxidants and other health benefits, so it can be healthier than other dressings, especially the store bought varieties that are packed with chemicals.
However, it’s high in sugar, so it should be used sparingly. If it helps you eat more salad and vegetables, that’s a good thing!
This recipe for honey mustard dressing contains 1 gram of fat and 9 grams of sugar per tablespoon.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS – You will need honey, dijon mustard, a clove of minced garlic, salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar, and mayonnaise.
- COMBINE – Simply dump all of your ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth. That’s it!
- CHILL – It’s best to let the dressing chill in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend together. But if you’re in a hurry, you can serve it immediately and it will still be awesome.
- SERVE – This dressing is of course great over any salad, but you can also use it as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets and veggies. Enjoy!
STORING LEFTOVER HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
When you are finished eating, immediately place any leftover honey mustard salad dressing into the refrigerator in an airtight container.
If you are careful to avoid letting it sit at room temperature for more than 30-40 minutes, this dressing will last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. I do like to shake or stir it before serving.
- As I mentioned above, this dressing is on the sweet side. Feel free to use less honey if you want a tangier dressing.
- Mayonnaise makes the dressing nice and smooth. If you want an even thicker and creamier dressing, you can double the amount.
- In place of the apple cider vinegar, you can try fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar.
- We like the dressing best with dijon mustard, but you can try whole grain mustard or regular yellow mustard.
Recipes using honey:
- Doritos Taco Salad
- Brussel Sprouts Salad Recipe
- Apple Fruit Salad
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad
RECIPE FOR HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar, and mayonnaise. Whisk until smooth.
- Let chill for 20-30 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
This dressing will last for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g
One servings is a tablespoon.
I hope this honey mustard salad dressing recipe helps you enjoy more of those healthy veggies that we all need!