SUPER EASY APPLE SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES
HOW TO MAKE APPLE SALAD
- apples (We like honeycrisp or fuji apples best.)
- toasted almonds (You can buy them toasted, or toast your own.)
- craisins (or raisins)
- vanilla yogurt (You can substitute greek yogurt if you prefer.)
After chopping the apples and almonds, all you have to do is stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl. That’s it! Serve immediately or chill.
This apple fruit salad is best served within a few hours. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for about a day, but the apples will start to turn brown.
- We like this apple salad recipe best with dried cranberries, but you can use raisins if you prefer. I think golden raisins would be tasty.
- For extra sweetness (and kid appeal), stir in some mini marshmallows.
- Feel free to try a different flavor of yogurt in place of vanilla. You could even use plain yogurt and add a bit of honey, sugar, or brown sugar.
- Instead of the red apples, you can use green apples, or a combination of both.
- Try adding some halved grapes with the apples.
- Stir in some sliced celery.
MORE YUMMY APPLE RECIPES:
- Dutch Apple Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Apple Crisp
- Homemade Caramel Apples
- Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies
- Best Apple Pie
- Caramel Apple Crisp
- Creamy Cranberry Salad
- Sour Cream Fruit Salad
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Grape Salad
- Pea Salad
- Spinach Salad
- Chinese Cabbage Salad
APPLE SALAD RECIPE
- 3-4 apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- Wash apples and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Combine apples, almonds, Craisins, and yogurt in a bowl and stir till coated.
- Serve immediately or chill.
-The almonds must be toasted for best flavor.
-If you have non-nut or Craisin lovers at your house, you can just sprinkle those ingredients over the individual servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
(originally published 11/19/2008, updated August 2020)
Make this sweet apple cranberry salad for Thanksgiving, potlucks, or just family dinners, and it will be gone in a flash!