This Keto Cheeseburger Soup has all the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger, but it’s extra comforting and low in carbs. It’s made all in one pot, and you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes! Even with all the tasty garnishes, it’s less than 8 net carbs.
I enjoy this hearty soup even on a warm day, but during the long winter months, it is one of my very favorite low carb recipes. I love it for lunch and dinner, and leftovers are amazing!
CHEESEBURGER SOUP WITHOUT POTATOES
I have another creamy cheeseburger soup on my site, but it’s loaded with potatoes and thickened with flour. It’s delicious, but definitely not low carb.
I love a good soup, so I’ve been trying to make low carb versions of some of my favorites. I saw a few recipes for keto bacon cheeseburger soup that have cauliflower in them, but I wanted to stick with the ingredients that are already in cheeseburgers.
So instead of replacing the potatoes with cauliflower, I just left them out. With all of the tasty garnishes, I didn’t even miss them, and I love me some potatoes!
GARNISHES MAKE THIS KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP AMAZING!
At first I thought that cheeseburger soup with pickles sounded a little strange, but after one bite I was hooked!
Without the garnishes, this soup is pretty boring. Honestly, I don’t even know if I should call them garnishes, because they aren’t really optional.
If you don’t have bacon, tomatoes, pickles, and cheese, you just have hamburger soup. And we’re looking for all the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger!
Just make sure your soup is really hot when you serve it, because the tomatoes and pickles cool it down quite a bit.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER SOUP (KETO FRIENDLY)
- PREP – Let the cream cheese soften to room temperature. Cook your bacon till crispy; crumble and set aside. Chop the onion and celery. Shred the cheddar cheese.
- SAUTE – Cook the ground beef, celery, and onion in a large pot over medium or medium high heat until no pink remains.
- MELT – Add the cream cheese and grated cheddar to the meat mixture. Cook and stir till melted.
- LIQUID- Stir in the water, bouillon cubes, and cream. Heat through, making sure the bouillon cubes are completely dissolved.
- GARNISH – Serve soup hot with all the garnishes.
- Shred the cheese yourself. Pre shredded cheese is usually coated with potato starch to keep it from clumping. Not only does this add carbs, it keeps the cheese from melting as smoothly in the soup.
- The cream cheese will melt much faster in the grounded beef mixture if it is at room temperature.
- I use Wyler’s beef bouillon cubes because they are quick, easy, and low carb, but beef bone broth works fantastic as well.
- Don’t skip the garnishes! They are the secret to making this soup taste like a cheeseburger, and they also add great texture.
KETO SOUP VARIATIONS:
- To make this soup recipe even quicker, I often use precooked bacon bits. I just crisp them up a bit in a skillet or the microwave.
- Feel free to add extra vegetables like shredded carrots, chopped cauliflower, or green peppers. They will of course change the carb count.
- I usually use beef broth, but chicken broth also works great if that’s what you have on hand.
- If your family likes mustard, you can add 1/2-1 teaspoon of dry ground mustard, or even just add some regular mustard.
- A teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce adds a deep rich flavor.
- If you want a thicker soup, you can add some xanthan gum. Take out about a cup of the soup and add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Whisk till smooth, then return to the pot.
MORE LOW CARB BEEF RECIPES:
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast (Just serve it with cauliflower mash instead of mashed potatoes.)
- Sirloin Steak Marinade
- Keto Taco Pie
- Cabbage and Ground Beef (Mexican Style)
- Hamburger Green Bean Casserole
LOW CARB CHEESEBURGER SOUP
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked till crispy
- 2 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 dill pickles (6 ounces)
- 8 ounces tomatoes, diced
- In a large heavy stock pot, cook ground beef, onions, and celery over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add salt, pepper, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar - cook and stir till melted.
- Add water, bouillon cubes, and cream. Heat through. (It doesn't need to boil.)
- Serve hot with crispy bacon, more cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and pickles.
Without the garnishes, the soup has 4.7 net carbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 222mgSodium: 1238mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 7.4gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 45g