With Tex-Mex flavor in every bite, this Keto Taco Pie will win over even the pickiest of eaters! It’s ridiculously easy to make, and can be prepped ahead of time for those busy weeknights.
You will not miss the carbs in this crustless taco pie. It is flavorful, hearty, and nice and cheesy. A perfect way to switch things up for Taco Tuesday!
I found the recipe for this tasty keto recipe in the cookbook EVERYDAY KETOGENIC KITCHEN. It is loaded with tasty low carb recipes from breakfast to dessert! Carolyn also has hundreds more recipes on her website. She is a great resource if you are starting a keto diet!.
FAMILY FAVORITE – LOW CARB TACO PIE!
I’ve tried a couple keto recipes that my family doesn’t care to eat, several that they will eat without complaining, and a few that they love. This taco pie falls into the last category – they love it so much that unfortunately for me, we hardly ever have leftovers!
Here’s what I love about crustless taco pie:
- It is so easy to make! Since there’s no crust, you just brown some hamburger with taco seasoning, add a creamy egg mixture, and top with cheese. Then pop it in the oven.
- Eggs add a fluffy texture, and also add extra protein (and fat you need on a keto diet).
- CHEESE! You can never go wrong with a taco dish that is topped with plenty of melted cheese!
- The garnishes – the toppings add so much to this dish! We like sour cream, tomatoes, and avocados, but you can use any taco toppings you love. It’s great that everyone can add what they want at the table.
- It comes in at around only 4 grams of net carbs, but it is so hearty it keeps you full for hours.
HOW TO MAKE KETO TACO PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet. Stir in the taco seasoning and water and heat through. Spread in the bottom of a 9″ pie pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper till smooth. Pour over the taco meat.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes, or until edges are puffed up and golden and the center is set. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let sit 5 minutes for easier slicing.
- Garnish with any of your favorite taco toppings. We like lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, and avocados.
LEFTOVERS? This recipe for keto taco pie keeps really well for leftovers the next day! You can cover it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. I simply heat it in the microwave for about a minute, but you can cover it with foil and heat it in the oven.
You can also freeze leftovers after it has been baked. Let it thaw first, then heat it either in the oven or microwave. Individual slices will heat up in about 20 minutes, but a whole pie can take up to 45 minutes (or more if it is really cold).
CAN I DOUBLE THIS LOW CARB MEXICAN RECIPE?
Yes, you can double it. Just place all of the ingredients in a grease 9×13″ pan. You will need to add more minutes to the baking time.
TACO PIE RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- Add some diced green or red peppers, or even some diced jalapeno peppers with the hamburger. You could saute them, or just sprinkle them on top of the meat in the pie dish.
- Instead of using cheddar cheese, sprinkle it with mexican cheese or even colby jack or pepper jack.
- To make it lower in fat, you can replace the cream with half and half (light cream), or even milk.
- Use ground chicken or ground turkey in place of the ground beef.
This low carb taco pie is easily adaptable, just keep in mind that changing the ingredients will also change the carb count and other nutrient amounts.
LOVE MEXICAN? TRY THESE:
MORE LOW CARB DINNER RECIPES:
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Paprika Recipe
- Steak Marinade for Grilling
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
★ FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR MORE TASTY RECIPES.
KETO TACO PIE RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning (sugar free)
- 1 Tbsp water (or more if needed)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Spray a 9" pie plate with non stick cooking spray, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain fat. Add taco seasoning and water, cook and stir for another minute. Spread in the pie pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over the ground beef.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes, or until center is set and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, and green onions if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 317mgSodium: 679mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g