You will love every bite of this easy hamburger green bean casserole. It’s creamy, hearty, delicious, and made all in one skillet. It’s a keto hamburger casserole the whole family will enjoy!
Not only is this keto green bean hamburger casserole tasty the first time you serve it, it also makes wonderful leftovers the next day.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS LOW CARB HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
- You can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
- It’s made all in one skillet. No transfering to a baking dish, which means no heating up the oven, and less dishes to wash.
- Fresh green beans add nutrients as well as a tasty crunch.
- Instead of processed cream of mushroom soup, it calls for fresh ingredients like cream and cream cheese. Delish!
- In addition to being low carb, it also happens to be gluten free.
- It is creamy and delicious!
Traditional beef and green beans dishes call for cream of mushroom soup, which makes them higher in carbs. This from scratch version has less than 10 net carbs per serving.
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF AND GREEN BEANS
- PREP – Wash green beans and trim off the ends. You can leave them whole or cut them into bite sized pieces.
- COOK GREEN BEANS – Add green beans and water to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat till crisp tender, about 7 minutes, letting the water evaporate. Remove from the pan.
- GROUND BEEF – In the same skillet, cook the hamburger till browned, then drain off any grease. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. (In the photo my garlic is with the green beans, but I discovered it works best to saute it with the hamburger.)
- SAUCE – Add the cream cheese to the skillet and turn heat down to medium low. Cook and stir till melted. Add the cream, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and cooked green beans. Heat through, stirring often.
- CHEESE – Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover with a lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
Leftovers? This ground beef green bean casserole is perfect for lunch the next day! Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
I don’t recommend freezing it because the green beans get soggy and the cream and cheese tend to separate and or get clumpy.
HAMBURGER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE VARIATIONS:
- We think fresh green beans give this casserole the best texture and flavor, but you can substitute frozen or canned green beans. They don’t need to be cooked, so you can skip that step, omit the water, and add them with the cream cheese.
- If your family likes mushrooms, you can add some sliced fresh mushrooms with the garlic.
- Stir in some crispy bacon bits before sprinkling with cheese. Because the bacon adds salt, you will need to adjust the amount of salt you add.
- Not a fan of green beans? Feel free to substitute broccoli or even zucchini chunks.
- Feel free to use ground chicken or turkey instead of the ground beef.
- Try different types of cheese like colby jack or pepper jack.
MORE LOW CARB DINNER RECIPES:
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Paprika Recipe
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Steak Marinade Recipe
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Taco Pie Recipe
- Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
KETO GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE WITH GREEN BEANS
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups fresh green beans, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup broth or water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Wash and trim green beans. Cook in a large skillet with the water over medium heat till crisp tender. Remove from the skillet and discard any water left in the pan.
- Add the hamburger to the skillet and cook till completely browned. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir till melted. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper, and worcestershire sauce. Add the beans to the skillet and heat through.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. Turn heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 755Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 949mgCarbohydrates: 12gNet Carbohydrates: 9.7gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 49g