Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies – soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with swirls of chocolate hazelnut spread. You’ll love this delicious twist on traditional peanut butter cookies!
Raise your hand if you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. If you aren’t raising your hand, I’m not sure we can be friends. Or maybe we can be bestest friends because you can share all your Reese’s with me. 🙂
I love a good soft peanut butter cookie. Add chocolate to the mix and I’m pretty much in cookie heaven. These peanut butter cookies are nice and soft with swirls of yummy Nutella in every bite.
My plan was to freeze half of the batch, but everyone inhaled them so quickly that I think I only ended up with eight cookies leftover. They are now hidden in the back of my freezer. Don’t tell my kids.
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
To skip my tips and just see the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.
- butter (I use salted butter in all my baking.)
- peanut butter (creamy peanut butter works the best)
- brown sugar (I use light, but dark brown sugar is also fine.)
- vanilla extract
- flour (I use unbleached all purpose flour.)
- baking soda
- baking powder
Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars till creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir together dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. Stir till thoroughly blended. Carefully add dollops of Nutella to the dough, mixing it in gently.
Cover and chill for about 30 minutes. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. I like to use a cookie scoop so they are uniformly sized.
Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. Let cool on pans for 3-5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool.
Tips for making Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
-Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature. It’s best to leave it sitting out on the counter for several hours or overnight. Softening in the microwave usually leaves part of the butter melted and part of it still cold.
-Creamy peanut butter works best. Crunchy peanut butter makes the cookies a bit more dry. If all you have is crunchy, I recommend adding an extra tablespoon or two.
– The key to good Nutella swirls is to add them very carefully to the dough at the end. If you stir it up too much, you will just have a streaked chocolate colored dough. It helps to use a very large mixing bowl so you can space the dollops of Nutella more evenly over the entire surface.
How to Store Peanut Butter Cookies
-You can store these cookies at room temperature for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container. Or you can freeze them for up to three months. I like to place mine in ziplock freezer bags.
Looking for more recipes featuring Nutella? Try these:
- STRAWBERRY NUTELLA PIZZA
- EASY NUTELLA ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- NUTELLA FUDGE BROWNIES
- NUTELLA CHEESECAKE BARS
Love peanut butter? Here you go!
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- PEANUT BUTTER WAFFLES WITH PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP
- DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a mixing bowl till creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, soda, salt, and baking powder, then add to the wet ingredients. Stir till thoroughly blended.
- Carefully add dollops of Nutella to the dough, folding it over gently so you can space them throughout the dough. Then use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the dough. You don't want to stir it too much!
- Cover and chill the dough for about 30 minutes so the Nutella has a chance to set up. It can be refrigerated overnight as well.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto lightly greased or silicone lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Recipe originally published February 5, 2013, updated August 2019.
See all my COOKIE RECIPES.