Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies – soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with swirls of chocolate hazelnut spread. You’ll love this delicious twist on traditional peanut butter cookies!
Raise your hand if you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. If you aren’t raising your hand, I’m not sure we can be friends. Or maybe we can be bestest friends because you can share all your Reese’s with me. 🙂
I love a good soft peanut butter cookie. Add chocolate to the mix and I’m pretty much in cookie heaven. These peanut butter cookies are nice and soft with swirls of yummy Nutella in every bite.
My plan was to freeze half of the batch, but everyone inhaled them so quickly that I think I only ended up with eight cookies leftover. They are now hidden in the back of my freezer. Don’t tell my kids.
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- baking powder
Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars till creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir together dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. Stir till thoroughly blended. Carefully add dollops of Nutella to the dough, mixing it in gently.
Cover and chill for about 30 minutes. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. I like to use a cookie scoop so they are uniformly sized.
Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. Let cool on pans for 3-5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool.
Tips for making Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
-Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature. It’s best to leave it sitting out on the counter for several hours or overnight. Softening in the microwave usually leaves part of the butter melted and part of it still cold.
-Creamy peanut butter works best. Crunchy peanut butter makes the cookies a bit more dry. If all you have is crunchy, I recommend adding an extra tablespoon or two.
– The key to good Nutella swirls is to add them very carefully to the dough at the end. If you stir it up too much, you will just have a streaked chocolate colored dough. It helps to use a very large mixing bowl so you can space the dollops of Nutella more evenly over the entire surface.
How to Store Peanut Butter Cookies
-You can store these cookies at room temperature for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container. Or you can freeze them for up to three months. I like to place mine in ziplock freezer bags.
Looking for more recipes featuring Nutella? Try these:
- STRAWBERRY NUTELLA PIZZA
- EASY NUTELLA ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- NUTELLA FUDGE BROWNIES
- NUTELLA CHEESECAKE BARS
Love peanut butter? Here you go!
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- PEANUT BUTTER WAFFLES WITH PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP
- DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- For muffins: Melt the 2 Tbsp butter in a skillet. Add the 2 cups of oats. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or till oats are toasted. They will start to turn light brown and smell like popcorn when they are done.
- Place the toasted oats in a food processor and process till only fine crumbs remain. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and soda. Pulse till just combined. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, milk, and eggs. Lightly stir in the dry ingredients till just barely moistened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- LET SIT FOR 20 MINUTES, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- For topping: Stir together the first six ingredients in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and stir till crumbly. Mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- After the batter has had time to sit and thicken, spoon batter into well greased muffin cups till they are 3/4 full. Sprinkle topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes, or till lightly browned.
- You can fill the muffin cups full and make 1 dozen muffins, they will need to bake for at least 22 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 330mg Carbohydrates: 45g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g
Recipe originally published February 5, 2013, updated August 2019.
See all my COOKIE RECIPES.