Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies . . . fudgy brownies with a peanut butter swirl and a generous helping of chopped peanut butter cups. A perfect brownie for peanut butter lovers!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Chocolate and peanut butter are just meant to be together. I don’t know if there’s a more tasty combination in the universe. These brownies are going to rock your world!
You start with a fudgy brownie that is sensational on it’s own. Fold in a few chopped peanut butter cups and a peanut butter swirl, and you have a treat that’s downright irresistible!
How to make peanut butter swirl brownies:
Chop peanut butter cups and place them in the freezer. Preheat your oven to 350°.
For the batter, melt butter in a large glass bowl. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till smooth. Stir in dry ingredients and about 3/4 cup of the chopped peanut butter cups.
Spread batter into a greased 9×13″ pan. Drop dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. Swirl with a butter knife.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining peanut butter cups on top. Return to oven and bake for another 18-22 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
I love the saltiness that the peanut butter adds to the whole taste experience. I did try a version with a sweetened peanut butter swirl, but I found that I liked just plain peanut butter better. It’s a great balance to the sweetness of the Reese’s peanut butter cups.
I was in heaven with every dedadent bite of these brownies. Having a cold glass of milk nearby is a must, these babies are pretty rich! One of the most sinfully delicious brownie recipes I’ve ever tried.
Speaking of brownies, today happens to be National Chocolate Brownie Day. I’m teaming up with my fellow Celebrating Food Holidays bloggers to bring you a dozen reasons why you need to celebrate today. Enjoy!
Eight new brownie recipes:
- Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie from Real Mom Kitchen
- Easy Homemade Brownies from Pretty Providence
- Black Bean Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Brownies from Namely Marly
- Simple Chocolate Orange Brownies from An Italian in My Kitchen
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies from Creations by Kara (you’re here!)
- Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies from The Baker Upstairs
- Christmas Tree Brownies from Supergolden Bakes
A few of my favorite brownies:
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Zucchini Brownies
- Mint Brownies
- Dulce de Leche Brownies
Recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
- Chop peanut butter cups and place them in the freezer. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till smooth. Stir in flour, salt, and about 3/4 cup of the peanut butter cups.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x13" pan. Drip peanut butter by spoonfuls on top of batter. Swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining peanut butter cups on top.
- Bake for another 18-20 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 7g