These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins are full of chocolate chips, and have plenty of peanut butter flavor. They are simply delicious!
Peanut Butter Muffins
I posted a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip muffins more than two years ago. My family loves them, but they call for buttermilk, and sometimes I’m out of buttermilk. (And who has time to run to the store before breakfast?)
So I wanted to find another muffin recipe we liked just as much that doesn’t require buttermilk. I tried a few recipes before stumbling upon this one. These peanut butter muffins are good with or without chocolate chips, but of course chocolate makes them better. 🙂
These muffins are darn yummy! Of course, I expected that they would be, they have more oil and sugar than my other recipe. I used part whole wheat flour, so it balances out, right? They also have more peanut butter, so the peanut butter flavor is more pronounced.
My other recipe makes a more light and fluffy muffin; while these are more dense and moist. Half of my family prefers one recipe, half prefers the other. But they all told me that they would happily eat either one of them. 🙂
How to make peanut butter muffins:
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips (optional)
Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, peanut butter, oil, egg, and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips if desired. Spoon batter into a well greased or paper lined muffin tin. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
MORE TASTY MUFFIN RECIPES:
- Orange Banana Muffins with Sour Cream Glaze
- Chocolate Chip Granola Muffins
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups *flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, peanut butter, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
- Spoon batter into twelve well greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
*I used 1 cup white flour and 3/4 cup freshly ground white wheat flour.
Recipe source: Photo a Day.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g