Every cook needs a classic recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, and this is the best recipe I’ve ever tried. They turn out perfect every time!
My kids went back to school today, so summer is officially over at our house. Which means fall is just around the corner. Time for all things pumpkin! I know some people probably get tired of pumpkin recipes, but I love them. I enjoy them so much that we actually eat them all year long.
Truthfully, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies have never been my favorite. I finally figured out why. Turns out I just don’t care for the taste of chocolate with cloves and nutmeg, which are typically in pumpkin cookies.
I made up a batch with just a heavy dose of cinnamon, and I loved them! But of course you can feel free to add the extra spices to your cookies. You can even add a little ginger if that makes you happy.
These cookies turn out so soft and fluffy, and I think they actually taste even better the next day. They store really well in an airtight container for a few days. But they probably won’t stick around that long!
I like my pumpkin cookies to have smooth edges, so I use this gadget to scoop the cookies on cookie sheets. I love using my Silpat mat for these cookies, because they tend to stick more than traditional chocolate chip cookies.
This recipe calls for oil instead of butter, and it makes the cookies even more soft. These are truly the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever tried!
If you love these pumpkin cookies, give these pumpkin goodies a try:
- Chewy White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Cobbler
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
- St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Melted Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oats & Peanut Butter
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- ⅛ tsp cloves (optional)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Whisk together oil and sugars. Whisk in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla till smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till blended. (You can leave out the nutmeg and cloves if you prefer, or add more cinnamon in their place.) Add to the wet ingredients and stir gently till just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or till set in the middle. After a couple minutes, remove to cooling racks to cool.
-Recipe originally shared on Lil Luna.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g