Apple Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins – with chunks of tender apples and a cinnamon sugar coating, these muffins will become a new favorite!
Anything made with cinnamon and sugar is bound to be a hit at my house. These tasty little apple snickerdoodle muffins were no exception, they were devoured within minutes!
I adapted a favorite snickerdoodle bread recipe to come up with these muffins. They are tender and buttery, and packed with juicy chunks of apple. But oh man, that cinnamon sugar coating. It’s what takes these muffins from yummy to over the top fantastic. Every bite is delectable!
Since they are mini sized, they bake faster, so they are ready in under 30 minutes. Plus, there’s just something about a mini muffin isn’t there? They are just so fun to pop in your mouth!
Kids and adults alike are sure to love these tasty muffins. They make a yummy breakfast, or a perfect afternoon snack.
I’ve made these muffins with grated apples and with diced apples. We prefer the chunks of apple, but you can grate them instead if you prefer. Either way they are delicious!
If you love this yummy apple recipe, you’ll enjoy these too!
TRY THESE MUFFIN RECIPES:
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Donut Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Whole Wheat Muffins
Apple Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp melted butter for topping
- 1/3 cup sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together oil and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk and whisk or beat till well combined. Stir in the diced apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly between 48 mini muffin cups that have been well greased. Bake at 350° for about 16 minutes or till lightly browned around the edges. Remove to cooling racks.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush the tops of the muffins with butter, then roll muffins in cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm.
I originally published this recipe at I Heart Naptime.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Serving size is 4 mini muffins