ALOHA!! My husband and I just returned from our wonderful relaxing vacation in Hawaii. When we left, temperatures here were just reaching the 70’s. We flew in today to temperatures in the 30’s and a layer of melting snow. As we flew into Utah, I could see the snow on the ground and man was I ticked! Enough already, I want spring!!
The weather in Kauai was a little rainy, but it was warm and wonderful. All I packed was sandals, capris, and shorts, so needless to say my toesies were freezing when we got off the plane!
Even though it’s darn cold here, it is still nice to be home. I missed my boys, and yes, I’ll admit that I did miss my blogging buddies. But just a little. I was in Hawaii after all!
This rice pudding recipe has nothing to do with Hawaii, or with being home. But the recipe was already typed up, and I’m tired, so I am going the easy route. Usually I just serve it with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top, but with the raspberry sauce on top, it was to die for!! True comfort food, but low in fat, so you could serve it for breakfast. Am I right?
Okey dokey, here’s the rice pudding recipe I promised. Looking forward to “visiting” with all of ya this week!
Here’s a few more tasty pudding recipes:
Rice Pudding with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups milk (depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in large heavy saucepan. Slowly stir in milk, then add butter. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir half of hot mixture into beaten eggs; return to pan. Add rice and cook till thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and almond extract. Serve with raspberry sauce.
- For Raspberry Sauce: Mix together in small bowl and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
-Usually I make this with less sugar and serve it for breakfast. But sometimes you gotta live a little!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 22g