Crockpot Rice Pudding is rich and creamy and ridiculously easy. Just toss all the ingredients into your slow cooker and it does all the work!
Crockpot Rice Pudding
Creamy homemade rice pudding has been a favorite at my house since my boys were little. Some of us like it with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top, some of us like it with a spoonful of jam. It’s a comforting dessert, but sometimes I add less sugar and we have it for breakfast.
The one thing I don’t love about making rice pudding is that you have to stand at the stove and stir it until it thickens. It’s not hard, it’s just time consuming. Well not anymore! With this recipe, you just stir everything together in your slow cooker and walk away.
How to make rice pudding in the slow cooker:
- long grain rice
- evaporated milk
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
It really doesn’t get easier than this. Just dump raw rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt into the slow cooker. Stir everything together, and turn on your slow cooker.
I’m usually in a hurry, so I always use the high setting. In my crock pot it takes just over 2 1/2 hours. You want to make sure you don’t overcook it, or it loses its creaminess and gets too thick.
One thing that’s different about this recipe than my traditional rice pudding is that it doesn’t contain eggs as a thickener. That makes this recipe perfect for people with an egg allergy.
Tips for making crockpot rice pudding:
- -All crock pots cook differently, so the first time you make this I recommend stirring it occasionally to see how it’s doing. If it is drying out, add more evaporated milk.
- -You can substitute cream for the evaporated milk if you want.
- -Don’t replace the evaporated milk with regular milk, it tends to curdle.
- Starch in the rice is what thickens the pudding, so don’t rinse your rice before you add it.
- Feel free to adjust the spices to your taste. You can add more or less cinnamon, or even add some nutmeg.
- If you want, you can add raisins or Craisins. Either stir them in at the beginning so they plump up, or add them during the last 20 minutes so they are just heated through.
Here are a few more dessert recipes to check out:
Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3/4 cup raw rice (I used long grain)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray. (I used a 6 quart slow cooker.)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Whisk together to blend in the cinnamon.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or on LOW for 4-5. I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g
To see all my dessert recipes, CLICK HERE.