Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip . . . this warm and creamy dip has plenty of bacon and cheese, and just the right amount of heat. Perfect for game day or any gathering!
If you need an appetizer that is perfect for Game Day, look no further. I mean, you can’t get better than bacon and cheese together can you?
This tasty dip starts with bacon, so right off the bat you know it’s gonna be a hit with football fans. To make it even more over irresistible, you cook up the onions in the bacon grease with a little sugar and some seasonings. By this point your house smells pretty amazing, so don’t be surprised if people come running. 🙂
After cooking your bacon and onions, all you do is stir all the ingredients together in a slow cooker. I have a Little Dipper Crock Pot, and it was the perfect size for my family. If you will be serving a crowd, you will want to double it and use a larger crock pot. In an hour or two, you will have a cheesy, melty, absolutely mouthwatering dip. Just look at that cheese!
I served this cheesy bacon dip with tortilla chips, but you could also use crackers, bagel crisps, or even crunchy veggies. (I think red peppers would be pretty fantastic.)
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Dip
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove (1/2 teaspoon) garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 of a 10oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel original), drained
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat till crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Reserve about 1/2 a tablespoon of bacon grease. Add the onion, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Fry in the bacon grease till tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain any extra grease.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to a slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours, or on LOW for 2-3. Serve warm with chips, crackers, or veggies.
-You can also place in a small baking dish, top with extra cheese and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes.
-Recipe inspired by Real Housemoms
If you love this appetizer recipe for game day, you’ll enjoy these too!