Touchdown Taco Snack Mix– The classic flavor of tacos makes this snack mix a hit with guest of all ages!
Anybody else love a good snack mix? I sure do! I saw these fun football shaped pretzels at the store and just knew I had to use them in some kind of snack mix. I decided to go with popcorn instead of cereal, and I have to say, it was a pretty tasty decision!
This taco snack mix is ridiculously easy to make– it’s ready in about five minutes. Just pop some popcorn, toss in a few ingredients, and you’re done. (Make sure you remove the unpopped kernels!)
This stuff is mighty tasty, especially if you love tacos like my family does!
The cheddar cheese is optional. I liked it, but some of my kids thought it was weird to have cheese in their popcorn. I will say that if you aren’t going to be eating it right away, it’s probably best to omit the cheese.
You don’t want it sitting out at room temperature for hours on end. And you definitely don’t want to have to refrigerate your snack mix. That’s just crazy. 😉
If you need a last minute recipe for game day, give this snack mix a try. I bet it will be a hit!
Need a few more snack ideas? Check these out:
- Ranch and Ham Cheeseball
- Toffee Caramel Fruit Dip
- Easy Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn
- Candied Pecans
- White Chocolate Cinnamon Pretzels
Taco Snack Mix
- 10 cups plain popped popcorn
- 2 cups mini pretzels (I used football shaped pretzels)
- 1 1/3 cups goldfish shaped crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Toss popcorn, pretzels, and goldfish crackers in a large bowl.
- Slowly drizzle melted butter over the popcorn while stirring.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the popcorn mix and stir till well coated.
- If desired, add grated cheese just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3g
See all my SNACK RECIPES.