Easy Cinnamon Popcorn – a buttery cinnamon sugar glaze makes this popcorn irresistible! It’s made using ingredients you already have in your panty.
My kids are back at school. And that means one thing. Time to start thinking about snack foods. Because as soon as they walk in the door, the first thing on their mind is “what can I eat?”
Popcorn is one snack that everyone can agree on, and this easy Cinnamon Popcorn is a new favorite!
No fancy gadget required, just a saucepan. I’m sure my teenagers will be whipping up a batch on many afternoons.
It doesn’t look like anything fancy, but trust me when I say that it tastes amazing. It’s sweet, salty, crunch, and spicy all rolled into one bowl of yumminess. One of the best kinds of snacks!
My sixteen year old kept sneaking handfuls while I was trying to take photos. Then the three year old joined him. Luckily the other kids weren’t around, or I might not have had anything left to shoot.
It’s not overly sweet, so it is hard to stop eating!! I found myself eating more than I should have. But at least it’s packed with fiber, so it counts as a health food, right?
Surprise your kids and whip up a batch for an after school snack. They will love you!!
Check out my tip for making popcorn without kernels. No one likes biting into those.
MORE TASTY SNACKS:
- Ranch Dip
- Best Cheese Ball Recipe
- White Chocolate Puff Corn
- Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Easy Cinnamon Popcorn
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place popcorn in a very large mixing bowl. (Make sure you remove the unpopped kernels first.)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Drizzle about half of the cinnamon mixture over the popcorn. Stir gently to coat. Add remaining cinnamon mixture and stir till all pieces are coated.