If your family loves pizza and tacos, you should give this Taco Pizza recipe a try! I tried a similar recipe a few years ago, but it had refried beans, and my family didn’t love it.
So I totally changed it up, and came up with my own recipe for Taco Pizza. This time around it was a huge hit! The handheld ease of pizza with the yummy favors of a taco is of course going to be a hit with kids. But my husband and I loved it too! If you’re stuck in a rut serving the same kid friendly meals every week, shake things up a little and give this recipe a try!
I served it with shredded lettuce, extra tomatoes, extra olives, and some sour cream. I loved the combination of the hot pizza and the cool toppings. So good!
TACO PIZZA RECIPE
- 1 recipe for pizza crust
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (divided)
- 1 6 oz can black olives, sliced (divided)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Shredded lettuce and sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off any fat. Add taco seasoning, water, and black beans. Simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes. If mixture gets too dry, add more water.
- Meanwhile, press the pizza crust into two greased pizza pans or one large jelly roll pan. Prick all over with a fork, and bake in a preheated oven at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the meat mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle cheeses over the meat mix and bake for another 5-6 minutes, or till cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and add the diced tomatoes, olives, and green onions. (Reserve some of the tomatoes and olives for garnish.)
- Bake for 2-3 more minutes.
- Cut into slices and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 7gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g