Looking for a delicious and unique twist on traditional pizza? Look no further than taco pizza!
This tasty dish combines the best of both worlds, with a crispy pizza crust topped with all your favorite taco fixings.
Taco pizza is a delicious fusion of two classic favorites – pizza and tacos. It typically consists of a traditional pizza crust topped with seasoned ground beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and black olives.
Other taco toppings such as beans, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole may also be added.
PERFECT FAMILY FRIENDLY DINNER IDEA!
I think we can all agree that even the pickiest of eaters seem to love pizza and tacos.The handheld ease of pizza with the yummy favors of a taco will of course be a hit with kids.
But don’t worry, the adults love it too. This is one recipe that will guarantee smiles all around the kitchen table.
I served it with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and black olives, with some sour cream on the side. I loved the combination of the hot pizza and the cool toppings. So good!
HOW TO MAKE TACO PIZZA
- CRUST – I made a homemade pizza crust, but you can use a can of pizza dough, crescent dough, or even a loaf of frozen dough, thawed. You can make two round 12″ pizzas, or one large sheet pan pizza.
- GROUND BEEF – In a large skillet, brown the hamburger. Drain off any fat. Add taco seasoning, beans, and water, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- PRE-BAKE – After preheating your oven to 425 degrees, bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- TOPPINGS – Spread the taco meat mixture over the prebaked crust. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for another 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- GARNISH – Add the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and any other toppings you desire.
- SERVE – Cut into slices and serve immediately, with any additional garnishes served on the side.
Creative toppings to try on your homemade taco pizza:
- Refried beans are an obvious choice. Spread them on the crust before adding the meat. I actually love it this way, but my kids don’t, so I add black beans to the ground beef instead.
- Alternatively, you could sprinkle black beans or kidney beans on the pizza.
- We like a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but you could use colby jack, Mexican blend, or pepper jack. For the best ooey gooey melt, you do want to grate your own cheese.
- You could also spread some salsa or hot sauce on the crust under the ground beef, or just drizzle some on top of the pizza. Pico de gallo is also tasty.
- For an extra kick, add some diced jalapeno peppers, or other peppers of your choice.
- Diced avocados or guacamole are tasty.
- A kid favorite is to sprinkle crushed tortilla chips or Fritos on the pizza.
The possibilities are endless, so have fun!
If you know you will not finish the pizza in one sitting, don’t add the lettuce and tomatoes. That way you can reheat the pizza the next day.Wrap the cooled leftover pizza or place it in an airtight container. I recommend using foil or waxed paper between layers. It will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.We like to reheat leftovers in the air fryer. Usually it just takes 4-5 minutes at 400°.
You can also reheat leftover taco pizza in the oven. I simply place the pizza slices on a baking sheet, pop it in the oven, and turn the oven on to 300 degrees. By the time the oven is preheated, the pizza is ready.
After it’s hot, you can add the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and any other cold toppings.
MORE KID FRIENDLY DINNER RECIPES:
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta
- Taco Pie
- Fry Bread Tacos
- Korean Ground Beef
- Crispy Chicken Strips
TACO PIZZA RECIPE
- 1 recipe for pizza crust
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 6 oz can black olives, sliced
- Optional garnish: sour cream, salsa, avocadoes, guacamole
- Prepare the pizza dough. (Or use canned or frozen dough.) Preheat your oven to 425°.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off any fat. Add taco seasoning, water, and black beans. Simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes. If mixture gets too dry, add more water.
- Meanwhile, press the pizza crust into two 12" circles on greased cookie sheets. Prick all over with a fork, and bake in a preheated oven at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the meat mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle cheeses over the meat mixture and bake for another 6-8 minutes, or till cheese is melted and crust is light brown.
- Remove from oven and add the lettuce, diced tomatoes, and olives.
- Cut each pizza into 8 slices and serve immediately with any additional toppings on the side.
-One serving is two slices. Nutrition information is an estimate, and will vary based on the crust you use, and the toppings you select.
-If you prefer, you can press the crust into a half baking sheet and just make one large rectangle pizza. It will take a few more minutes to bake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 966mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g
Now that you know how to make a taco pizza, I hope it becomes a staple at your house! If you try it, I’d love to hear how it turns out. And of course five star ratings are always appreciated! 🙂