Crispy Baked Chicken Strips- These chicken strips are baked, not fried, but they are still flavorful and delicious!
So, I drove my son up to the city park the other night so he could run the snack shack (which we started up as a way to raise money for the city sports department). Long story short, they needed another ref so I stayed to sell junk food while he reffed the game. And trust me on this, it would not have worked the other way, I am completely uncoordinated and inept at sports of all kinds! I am much better at selling junk food to kids.
Anyway, while I was away unexpectedly, no cooking fairies came and made dinner for my family. Bummer! When I got home an hour later everyone was starving and my original plans had to be tossed aside in favor of something fast. Really fast. I came up with these:
- 2 cups corn flakes, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Pepper- I like quite a bit
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- In shallow dish, mix cereal, flour, salt, and pepper. Place ranch dressing in another bowl.
- Dip chicken strips in ranch dressing, then in cereal mix.
- Place a wire cooling rack inside a rimmed cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken on the wire rack. (This makes the chicken strips crispy on the bottom as well as the top.)
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
-Crush corn flakes in a ziplock bag, it makes clean-up much easier.
-You can also cut the chicken into cubes for chicken nuggets. They will bake faster.
*I use homemade ranch dressing because it is at least a thousand times more tasty than the stuff in the bottle.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g