If you love dried cherries or craisins, these scones are perfect! The tartness of the cherries is balanced perfectly with the sweet white chocolate.
They are a perfectly delicious scone recipe any time of year, but we love cutting them into heart shapes for Valentine’s Day!
First of all, a little shout out. Today is my oldest son’s 14th birthday. He is an amazing kid who has given us none of the troubles that most parents of teens experience. We don’t know if it will last forever, but we are enjoying it while we can! Happy Birthday Brandon, we love you!!
Valentine’s Day is only six days away, so this week I will be featuring recipes that I think would be really fun for all your “Love Day” celebrating. Brandon loves Craisins, so I got up this morning and made these scones for breakfast for him. They are really good, especially if you love white chocolate or Craisins.
I cut them into heart shapes so you could see what they look like. This of course didn’t make much of a difference in my houseful of boys, but I sure think it’s cute. They would make a darling Valentine’s Day gift wrapped up with some ribbon in a cellophane bag.
MORE EASY SCONES TO TRY:
- Oat Scones
- Blueberry Scones
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- 4th of July Scones
- Orange Scones
- Peanut Butter Scones
- Eggnog Scones
- Strawberry Scones
- Pumpkin Scones
- Maple Scones
RECIPE FOR CHERRY SCONES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
- 3 cups flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup dried cherries or craisins
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Milk and sugar for tops of scones
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and soda in large bowl. Cut in butter till mixture is crumbly.
- Combine yogurt and milk and stir in with cherries and chocolate chips. Don't over-mix.
- Pat dough out on floured surface to about 1/2" think and cut into wedges, circles, (or hearts for Valentine's Day!)
- Place on greased cookie sheets. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for about 18-20 minutes.
-I was actually out of vanilla yogurt one morning, so I used raspberry instead. It worked fine, but I do prefer the vanilla. You could try different yogurt flavors to see what you like the best.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 9g