Loaded with chocolate chips and sprinkled with sugar, this Chocolate Chip Scone recipe is sure to be a hit anytime you make it!
I don’t know how things are at your house, but at my house we believe everything is better with chocolate chips. These scones are no exception. Every bite is packed with yummy chocolatey goodness.
My favorite way to eat them is warm out of the oven when the chocolate is all melty and gooey. But they are also great served at room temperature. You can even wrap them up and store them in the freezer. Just pop them in the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack.
Instead of butter, heavy cream is used to give the scones moisture and flavor. It is so simple, you can whip up a batch before the oven is even preheated! The cream makes them so soft and tender.
Scones are a favorite at our house, so I usually make a double batch. They still disappear in about a day. Because holey moley, teenage boys can eat like nobody’s business!
Give these scones a try, I bet they’ll be a favorite at your house too.
Here are a few of my favorite scone recipes:
- White Chocolate Raspberry Scones
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Scones
- Chocolate Chip Orange Scones
- Lemon Scones
- Dried Fruit Scones
- White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
Easy Chocolate Chip Scone Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Add cream and vanilla and stir just till barely mixed. Press dough together to form a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a circle 1" thick. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place on lightly greased or silpat lined pans. Brush tops of scones with milk, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or till lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g