If you’re looking for an easy but tasty way to use zucchini, give these cinnamon chip zucchini muffins a try. Cinnamon chips make these some of the tastiest muffins you will ever sink your teeth into. Who can resist a muffin with pockets of melting cinnamon chips?
I found a bag of shredded zucchini in my freezer that I stashed last fall when we had some extra zucchini. I was darn excited because we love zucchini bread. I made the chocolate zucchini bread earlier this week, which my kids were thrilled about. I wanted to try something new, so I started searching a few of my favorite cooking blogs.
I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it more healthy, and they were still fantastic! The cinnamon chips do tend to stick to the pan, so I highly recommend using Baker’s Joy, or parchment paper if you make loaves.
Have an overabundance of zucchini? Here are a few more recipes to try:
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Cherry Nut Zucchini Bread
- Coconut Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Cream Cheese Zucchini Bread
Cinnamon Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Stir together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and zucchini together in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and chips and mix well.
- Fill well greased or paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool in pans for about 5-10 minutes, then remove and cool on cooling racks.
-The original recipe called for 1 cup oil and 2 1/3 cups sugar. I lowered those amounts to make them a little healthier.
-Make sure you grease the muffin tins well, these babies are a little hard to get out because the cinnamon chips stick.
-If you want to make bread, it bakes at 325° for about 60 minutes. It makes 2 loaves. Line the pans with parchment paper!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g