Banana Cream Brownies . . . a chocolatey update on classic banana cream pie. Easy to make, and oh so yummy!
Banana cream pie is a favorite at my house, so I like coming up with different variations of banana cream anything. This version has chocolate, which is always a win in my book!
I used my favorite basic brownie recipe for the base, but you can definitely use a boxed mix if you prefer.
I love the balance of the chewy brownie with the creamy pudding layer. Then of course you have the bananas, strawberries, and crunchy peanuts on top. So many flavors and textures in every bite. Your mouth will be in heaven!
The tartness of the strawberries is a perfect balance to the sweet bananas and pudding. I know that regular banana cream pie doesn’t have strawberries, but trust me, they add to this dessert. And of course they make it pretty too. 🙂
Here are a few more spectacular desserts you should try:
BANANA CREAM BROWNIES
- 1 9x13" pan of brownies
- 2 3 oz boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (heaping)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 large bananas, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Bake and cool your brownies. You can use homemade or a boxed mix.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the pudding mix and milk till smooth, set aside.
- In a glass bowl, beat the whipping cream till soft peaks form. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside about a cup of the whipped cream.
- Whisk the remaining whipped cream and pudding together till smooth. Set aside.
- Arrange the sliced bananas in an even layer over the brownies. Spread the pudding/cream mixture over the top of the bananas. Make sure you go all the way to the edge of the pan, making a tight seal, so the bananas don't brown as quickly. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, or till set.
- Cut into squares and garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, chopped strawberries, and peanuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g