Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies – after one bite of these chewy bars, you’ll be gathering zucchini instead of giving it away. They are heavenly!
Since we just moved into our house a few weeks ago, we don’t have a garden. Thankfully my parents shared some of their zucchini with us. My kids will actually eat it steamed with butter, salt, and pepper, but they really love it when I grate it up and use it in baked goods!
These butterscotch zucchini blondies are a new favorite. I think I say that a lot with zucchini recipes, but this time I really mean it. They are seriously fantastic!!
The brown sugar gives them a nice caramel flavor and adds to the chewiness factor. I browned the butter for an extra depth of flavor. It makes them extra yummy, but if you are in a pinch, you can just melt the butter.
My family gobbled these bars up, and I the ones I sent to work with my husband got rave reviews as well. Kids and adults alike love these tasty zucchini bars!
Did you know that today is National Zucchini Day? Whether you are on the sharing end or the receiving end of zucchini, you will love these recipes from my blogger friends!
Ten new zucchini recipes:
- Zucchini Fritters from The Baker Upstairs
- One Pot Italian Chicken Sausage Zucchini Noodle from Ashlee Marie
- Loaded Zucchini Skins from Real Mom Kitchen
- Cheesy Zucchini Tots from Life Made Simple
- Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies (right here)
- Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries from Foodie with Family
- Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Cheesy Grilled Zucchini Boats from Hey Grill, Hey
- Vegan Pad Thai Zoodles from Namely Marly
A few of my favorite recipes featuring zucchini:
- Lemon Lime Zucchini Muffins
- Coconut Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Mozzarella Parmesan Zucchini Bites
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Pineapple Cranberry Zucchini Bread
- Cherry Nut Zucchini Bread
BUTTERSCOTCH ZUCCHINI BLONDIES
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cook butter in a saucepan over medium heat till it starts to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the brown sugar. Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour butter/sugar mixture into a mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix together. Stir in the zucchini and chips.
- Spread batter in a well greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 30 minutes or till the middle is set.
-Recipe inspired by Lemon Tree Dwelling
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g