Dinner (or lunch) doesn’t get much easier than these tasty Chicken Caesar Wraps! Packed with protein and flavor, these wraps are perfect for a busy day when you need a satisfying meal in a hurry.
Who can resist the hearty classic salad all wrapped up in hand held form? They are fun to serve, and great for picnics and on the go meals.
The combination of tender chicken, crisp lettuce & croutons, juicy tomatoes, and tangy Caesar dressing really hits the spot, especially on a warm day. What are you waiting for? Roll up that tortilla and enjoy!
I like to use leftover grilled chicken or a rotisserie chicken to make this meal extra quick, but you can grill, bake, or boil up some chicken breast if you don’t have any on hand.
For how simple these wraps are, I was surprised at how seriously delicious they are! Everyone in my family gobbled them up, even the picky eater. Hooray for dinner wins!
Frequently asked questions:
Chicken caesar wraps contain all the same ingredients as the classic salad – chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, tangy dressing, and croutons, all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla. This version also calls for juicy grape tomatoes, which add great color, flavor, and nutrition.
That depends entirely on how much dressing and parmesan cheese you add. This recipe uses just enough of both to add flavor, but not so much that the wrap is laden with fat. As written, one wrap has about 330 calories, 13 grams of fat, and 21 grams of protein.
Place the filling down the middle of your tortilla from left to right, leaving a 1″ gap with no filling on the left side. Fold the right edge up over the filling so that it will hold the filling in. Next, starting with the side close to you, roll up the tortilla tightly.
You should have an open end on the left, and the right side should be tucked in so that you can pick up the wrap.
To keep it wrapped up if you aren’t serving immediately, you can secure it with a toothpick, or wrap it in plastic wrap.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS
- PREP – If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand, you will need to cook it using whatever method you prefer. You will need about 6 ounces of chicken to make 2 cups of cooked chicken.
- CHOP – Chop or shred your chicken. Wash and chop the romaine lettuce and tomatoes.
- COMBINE – Toss together all the ingredients (except the tortillas) in a mixing bowl, until everything is evenly coated with the caesar salad dressing.
- ROLL – Place about a fourth of the salad mixture in a tortilla.
Fold one end in, then wrap up like a burrito. If needed, secure with a toothpick or wrap in plastic wrap.
- SERVE– That’s it! Your tasty wraps are all ready to be devoured!
- Having trouble with your tortillas tearing? You can heat them on a plate under a damp paper towel for 15-20 seconds, or until they are flexible enough to fold.
- If the tortillas won’t stay folded together, I find that if I hold them in place with a toothpick even for a few minutes, they will stick together better.
Can chicken caesar wraps be made ahead of time?
If you want to completely assemble the wraps ahead of time, I recommend leaving out the croutons. They get soggy pretty quickly.
Just mix all of the other ingredients together and prepare wraps as directed. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap. You can store them in the refrigerator for several hours, or even overnight. They also pack well in a cooler.
Alternatively, you can chop the ingredients several hours ahead of time and store them in different containers in the fridge. When ready to serve, just toss everything together and wrap as directed.
- Romaine lettuce is traditional, but feel free to use iceberg or leafy green lettuce. You could even toss in some baby spinach.
- Instead of using rotisserie, grilled, or leftover chicken breast, you can use crispy chicken tenders. They will work either whole, or cut into chunks.
- Crisp, crumbled bacon is always a tasty addition to any wrap.
- Add 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning with the pepper.
- Instead of regular flour tortillas, try whole wheat tortillas or spinach tortillas.
More tasty chicken breast recipes:
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Breast Marinade Recipe
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad
- Creamy Garlic Chicken
HOMEMADE CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS
- 10 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup caesar dressing
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- If you don't have rotisserie or leftover chicken, you will first need to cook about 6 ounces of chicken breast to end up with 2 cups of cooked chicken.
- Shred or chop cooked chicken into small chunks. Wash and chop the romaine into 1" pieces. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, parmesan, croutons, dressing, and pepper.
- Spoon a fourth of the mixture down the middle of one tortilla. Fold one end in, then roll up the tortilla burrito style.
- If desired, secure wrap with a toothpick, or wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with the remaining three tortillas.
- Serve immediately.
-If you want to make the wraps ahead of time, I recommend omitting the croutons. They get soggy fairly quickly.
-Wrapped in plastic wrap, the wraps will last for several hours in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 502mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Have you tried this chicken cesar wrap recipe? Rate and comment below I love to hear your feedback! 🙂