Creamy garlic chicken is easy enough for weeknights, but fancy enough for company. Lightly breaded chicken in a rich, creamy garlic sauce, it is comfort food at its finest.
Plenty of tasty sauce to serve over pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice, and the whole thing is ready in under 30 minutes. You’ll love how easy it is, your family will love how scrumptious it tastes!
WHY YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN IN GARLIC SAUCE
- If you love (or even just like) garlic, you will be blown away by the flavor of this dish. It may seem like it calls for a lot of garlic, but trust me, the garlic flavor is not overpowering.
- Parmesan cheese in the chicken coating not only adds a punch of flavor, it gives the chicken an extra crispy coating. Delish!
- The garlic caramelizes in the pan, giving the sauce a deep, rich flavor that is unbeatable. As it cooks, it becomes less pungent and more sweet. So good!
- You don’t need any fancy ingredients, just basics that you probably keep on hand. (Well except for maybe the cream.)
- Did I mention that you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes? That’s always a win in my book!
What is creamy garlic sauce made of?
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. If needed, pound to even thickness with a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each side of the chicken.
- Combine garlic, flour, and 1/4 cup parmesan in a shallow dish. Dredge both sides of each chicken breast; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, cook each side of the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the diced onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Add the smashed garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the water and bouillon, making sure to scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until reduced by about half.
- Add the cream and milk; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for another 2-3 minutes or until the middle of the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees
- If your family doesn’t care for onions, you can omit it.
- For a lower fat dish, you can use milk, but you may need to thicken the sauce a bit with cornstarch or flour.
- Add a splash of lemon juice for a bright citrus flavor.
- A teaspoon or two of dijon mustard adds a nice tangy flavor.
- For an Italian flavor, stir a teaspoon or two of Italian seasoning into the dredging mixture.
- Love the heat? Add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or more if you really love spice!)
CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE
Chicken in a creamy garlic sauce is a fuss free chicken dinner recipe that the whole family will agree on! If you make it, leave a comment and let me know how you like it. 🙂