Chicken Cordon Bleu Bread Bowls . . . chunks of chicken and ham in a creamy sauce, spooned into a hearty bread bowl and topped with toasted cheese.
I am a huge fan of chicken cordon bleu. I also happen to love soup in bread bowls. When I came across this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu in bread bowls, I knew I had to give it a try. Oh.My.Gosh.
Epic discovery: soup is not the only thing that tastes amazing inside a bread bowl! In fact, I may have even liked these even more than soup in bread bowls.
The toasted cheese on top is enough to make me swoon. I used mozzarella, but you can use swiss cheese if you prefer.
More tasty chicken recipes to try:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bread Bowls
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups chopped broccoli
- 8 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 bread bowls
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 more minutes. Add flour. Cook and stir for at least 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, cream, 1/4 cup Parmesan, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper, and broccoli. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Stir in ham and heat through.
- Spoon mixture into bread bowls that have been placed on a foil lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, then mozzarella.
- Place on the top rack of the oven, and broil for about 4 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately.
-Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 1815mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 51g