Churro Cheesecake Bars . . . the crunchy cinnamony goodness of a churro filled with a tangy cream cheese filling. The best of two desserts rolled into one!
Bar cookies like snickerdoodle blondies and sugar cookie bars make a regular appearance at my house. They are great for feeding a crowd, and everyone loves them. These cheesecake churro bars are a new favorite.
When Christmas season rolls around, nothing’s better than the smell of cinnamon sugar wafting through the house. Takes me back to my childhood every time.
My mom always made homemade goodies like gingerbread men for the holidays, and I have fond memories of helping her in the kitchen.
Now I love baking even more than she did! I have several classic recipes that are favorites, but it’s always fun to experiment. These churro cheesecake bars are a fun combination of two classic desserts. My family was thrilled with the result!
Crunchy cinnamon sugar crust with a cheesecake filling. Who can resist that? These tasty bars will make your house smell like Christmas, and every bite is simply scrumptious. The textures and flavors combine to make one unbeatable dessert!
(To skip my tips and just see the detailed recipe card, simply scroll to the bottom of the post.)
How to make churro cheesecake bars:
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- cream cheese (full fat works best)
- vanilla extract
- Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
The crust for these bars is made from cans of crescent rolls, so they are super simple! If you can find the crescent roll dough that comes all in one sheet, it works the best.
Start by mixing up your cheesecake filling, then set the mixture aside.
Spray your 9×13″ pan with non stick spray, then sprinkle it with a cinnamon sugar mixture. Lightly flour a piece of waxed paper, then press one of the cans of dough out into a 9×13″ rectangle. If you have the kind that’s cut into triangles like mine is, press all of the seams firmly together.
Flip the dough over on top of the cinnamon sugar and press it into the sides of the pan.
Spread the cheesecake filling evenly onto the crust.
Roll out the remaining can of dough the same way you did the first one, then flip it carefully onto the filling. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Pop the pan into a preheated 350° oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Every bite of these bars just melts in your mouth! They are a perfect holiday dessert, but they would be great any time of year.
How to store churro cheesecake bars:
Because of the cream cheese in the filling, these bars need to be refrigerated. They are best eaten the first day, but they will last for 2-3 days in the fridge. The crust will not be as crunchy though.
For more cinnamon treats, check out:
LOVE DESSERT BARS? GIVE THESE A TRY:
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Toffee Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Cherry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Cheesecake Brownies
Churro Cheesecake Bars Recipe:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 (8 oz) cans Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese till smooth. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and beat till smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray, then sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Unroll one can of dough onto a lightly floured piece of waxed paper and press all the seams together. Carefully lift into the pan on top of the cinnamon sugar. Press to the edges of the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough. Unroll the second can of dough and roll it out the same way as the first one. Place it on top of the filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the dough. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until light brown.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g