Cinnamon Swirl Pound Cake . . . buttery cake with a cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle. Sour cream makes this cake unbelievably delicious!
I thought for sure I would have my kitchen cabinets done by now. But like most DIY projects, this one is taking longer than anticipated. Especially because a certain 18 month old is too hard to resist, and I have to take frequent story reading breaks. 🙂
Until my major DIY cabinet makeover is finished, I won’t be working on any small projects. Even though it is killing me not to have my mantel decorated for fall. Or a wreath on my door. I am trying to ignore those minor details and focus on my biggest task.
Thank heavens I have a bunch of recipes I still haven’t shared. Like this Cinnamon Swirl Pound Cake. Or “Sour Cream Pound Cake” as we called it when I was growing up.
My boys informed me that sour cream cake doesn’t sound good, and that I should change the name. Whatever you call it, this cake is wonderful! It is dense and moist and oh so yummy.
I think it is the only cake I make that I don’t serve with ice cream. If you know me, you know that’s huge. I love me some ice cream. But I don’t even think this cake needs it.
It is so moist that you can just grab a slice and eat it as you are running out the door. Or hiding in your craft room so you don’t have to share with your kids. Whatever.
Pro Tip: Make sure you grease your Bundt pan really well. Regular non-stick spray doesn’t work as well. Use shortening and flour, or a cake release spray like Baker’s Joy. Because it is super sad when your Bundt cake sticks to the pan.
Love cinnamon? Here are a few more mouthwatering recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Syrup
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
MORE CAKE RECIPES:
- Heath Bar Cake
- Homemade German Chocolate Cake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
Cinnamon Pound Cake
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup soft butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream (light and fat free don't work as well for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream together sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl till smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and soda. Beat in the extracts and sour cream till thoroughly combined.
- Spread half of the batter into a well greased and floured 12 cup Bundt pan. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter. Spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 300° for about 90 minutes. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully invert onto a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g