This Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball is sweet and tangy and has a yummy fresh flavor. It is simple and tasty; a perfect holiday appetizer!
With just five ingredients, this cheese ball couldn’t be more simple. Plus, it can be made ahead of time, so it cuts down on last minute party stress. Always a bonus in my book.
This cheese ball is slightly sweet, which I thought was a perfect compliment to the salty crackers. With pretty dried cranberries and a hint of orange in every bite, it is perfect for holiday gatherings.
The candied pecans on the outside of the cheeseball make it extra scrumptious. I made my own, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. They are so tasty it is hard to stop snacking on them! Of course, if you are really in a hurry, you can buy pecans.
Here’s a tip I use for all my cheese ball recipes. To make it easier to roll into a ball, I like to press the mixture into a bowl lined with plastic wrap. Fold up the edges of the plastic wrap, then chill for an hour or two.
As it chills, it will harden up enough that you can roll it up a bit while still in the plastic wrap. Then just peel it off and roll it in the pecans. I like to chop my nuts, then roll the cheese ball into the nuts while they are still on the cutting board. One less dish to wash. 🙂
Orange and cranberry is a classic flavor combination, and it shines in this simple cheese ball. People can’t seem to get enough of it, so if you have a large crowd you may want to double the recipe!
If you love this great holiday appetizer, you’ll enjoy these too!
Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened (I like to use light or Neufchatel, it makes a softer cheese ball.)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup Craisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl and beat till smooth. Beat in the orange zest and craisins till well blended.
- Line a small deep bowl with plastic wrap and press cheese mixture firmly into bowl.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours, then roll in a ball and roll in candied pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
- Recipe was originally shared at I Heart Naptime.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g