Even if you don’t have a gluten intolerance, you will love this Gluten Free Breakfast Pizza! It is hearty and delicious!
While searching through one of my old cookbooks, I found a recipe for breakfast pizza that started with a hash brown crust. I was intrigued, and knew I had to give it a try. Guys, this stuff is delicious! You can brown the sausage and bake the crust ahead of time, making it really easy to throw together in the morning.
We don’t even have anyone in the family on a gluten free diet, but I will be making this breakfast pizza often. It is similar to the breakfast hash that my family adores, but in pizza form. We all loved it!
- 3 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced red or green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- For crust: Beat the egg, then add the hash browns, salt, and pepper. Press very firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a well greased 10" tart pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, or till starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a skillet. Drain and set aside. Beat the eggs and cook in a small amount of oil in a skillet. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven and sprinkle the scrambled eggs and browned sausage over the top. Add half of the green onions and peppers. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or till cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining onions and peppers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 1041mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g