How to make Italian Chicken over Pasta
- olive oil
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- garlic cloves
- Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
Sprinkle chicken with seasonings and brown in olive oil in a heavy skillet. Remove from pan. Saute onion and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for 8 minutes. Place chicken back in pan and stir to combine. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or till chicken juices run clear.
Sprinkle cheeses over the top and cover with a lid. Heat just till cheese is melted. Serve over pasta.
FAQ about Italian Chicken Pasta:
LOVE CHICKEN? GIVE THESE DINNER RECIPES A TRY:
Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5oz) cans Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound pasta, cooked in salted water
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings and brown in olive oil over medium heat in a heavy skillet. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Saute onion for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and broth and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Place chicken back in pan and spoon tomatoes over the top. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or till chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle cheeses over the top of each chicken piece and cover skillet with a lid. Heat just till cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot pasta.
If you can't find Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, you can add a clove of minced garlic, 1 tsp of dried basil, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, and 1/2 tsp of dried parsley to a regular can of diced tomatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 36g