This cinnamon zucchini keto bread is moist, flavorful, and so easy to make. Loaded with chocolate chips and pecans, it is simply delicious any time of day.
And at only 2 net carbs per slice, you can eat it without guilt. So what are you waiting for? Get busy whipping up a batch!
ALMOND FLOUR ZUCCHINI BREAD
Will almond flour kick me out of ketosis?
No, almond flour is perfect for the keto diet. A fourth a cup of almond flour has 6 grams of protein, 15 grams of fat, and only 2 net carbs per serving. Wheat flour on the other hand, has about 23 net carbs per 1/4 cup.
So not only is almond flour low in carbs, it’s got plenty of protein and fat that is needed on a keto diet.
How many carbs are in zucchini bread?
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB ZUCCHINI BREAD
- PREP – Wash and dry your zucchini, then grate it. Squeeze out all the excess water and set aside.
Spray two mini loaf pans with non stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment. (My pans are 5 3/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- WET INGREDIENTS – Whisk together melted butter, eggs, zucchini, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- DRY INGREDIENTS – Add almond flour, coconut flour, whey powder, Swerve, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- BAKE – Spread batter into the two prepared pans. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top of the batter. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- COOL – Let loaves sit in the pans for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove. Place on wire racks to cool completely.
PRO TIP: Run a plastic knife around the edge of the pans to make removing the bread extra easy.
For an extra tasty treat, serve this bread warm, slathered with butter. Or after it’s cooled down, you can toast it and spread it with butter. Delish!
How to store leftover zucchini almond flour bread
One thing I love about this bread is that it actually tastes better the next day! Store it in an airtight container, or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and it will last for 4-5 days at room temperature.
It also freezes really well. I like to keep one loaf, and freeze the other. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place it in a ziplock freezer bag. Or you can double wrap it in plastic wrap. It will last for 3-4 months.
When you are ready to serve the frozen loaf, it’s best to let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or for a few hours at room temperature.
- If you really love fall flavors, you can add nutmeg, cloves, or nutmeg to the bread with the dry ingredients.
- Feel free to leave out the chocolate chips if you want a more traditional zucchini bread loaf.
- In place of, or in addition to the nuts, you can also add 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut. Toast it first for best flavor.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can add 1/3 cup of blueberries.
- You can double the recipe and bake in a large 9×5″ loaf pan. I recommend reducing the oven temperature to 325 degrees and baking for 55-70 minutes, or until it’s done.
- Need a dairy free bread? You can substitute melted coconut oil for the butter.
Keep in mind that changing the ingredients will also impact the nutrition and net carbs.
MORE LOW CARB BAKED GOODS:
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES:
KETO ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 6 oz zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp whey protein powder, unflavored
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Lily's milk chocolate chips (1.8ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Grate zucchini and squeeze dry. (After squeezing, you should have about a cup.) Spray two mini loaf pans with non stick spray and line the bottom with parchment. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, zucchini, and vanilla.
- Whisk in almond flour, coconut flour, whey powder, sweetener, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. (Reserve some for the tops if you like.)
- Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cook in the pans for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove. Cool completely on wire cooling racks.
Six ounces of zucchini will be about 1 1/4 cups before squeezing dry. After squeezing you will have about a cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Zucchini bread with almond flour is an absolutely keto friendly quick bread that is delicious any time of day. You’re going to want to keep an extra loaf in your freezer all the time!