Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting . . . with a hint of cinnamon and a slathering of tangy frosting, these zucchini cookies are simply irresistible!
It is zucchini season! If you don’t have a garden, find someone to share zucchini with you, because you need to make these zucchini cookies! Lightly spiced with cinnamon and topped with cream cheese frosting, they are simply delightful.
I am lucky that my parents give us plenty of garden fresh zucchini so I can whip up tasty recipes like this. Of course if you don’t have access to free zucchini, you can always buy it at the grocery store.
These soft zucchini cookies are simple to make. The dough starts out fairly stiff, but after you stir in the zucchini, you end up with a soft and creamy batter.
Tips for Making Zucchini Cookies
-You don’t need to peel your zucchini, but if I’m using a large zucchini, I do remove the seeds.
-I like to use a cookie scoop so that I get uniform sized cookies.
-The dough is pretty sticky, so I recommend using a silicone pan liner or parchment paper on your cookie sheet.
-If you have any leftover cookies, store them in an airtight container with waxed paper between each layer.
After baking, the cookies turn out nicely rounded and puffy. Aren’t those tops just begging to be frosted?
If you think zucchini bread is tasty, you have got to give these cookies a try. The tangy cream cheese frosting makes them oh so yummy! In fact, my family couldn’t get enough of them. My kids practically inhaled them. But hey, they are full of zucchini, so I didn’t feel too guilty. 😉
Looking for more zucchini desserts? Check these out:
- Zucchini Brownies with Chocolate Frosting
- Chewy Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies
- Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Cake
To see all my zucchini recipes, click HERE.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Melted Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lime Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Brown Sugar Shortbread
Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Cookies: Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into creamed mixture. (Dough will be very stiff.)
- Add the grated zucchini and stir till well combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto well greased or parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for about 12 minutes or till bottoms are golden brown and tops are set.
- Cool on pan for a couple minutes. then remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, then frost.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter till smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat till smooth. Frost cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
-Recipe originally shared at Lil’ Luna.