Lime Zucchini Muffins- Moist and delicious zucchini muffins with a hint of lime, and a sugary nut topping. A delicious way to use up your zucchini!
We thought the beetles had killed our zucchini plants, but I actually managed to nurse them back to health. I consider it a miracle, because I seriously have two black thumbs. So we are back to having zucchini again. I love baking with zucchini!
I made these lime muffins on Saturday and they were phenomenal. I used an old recipe for lemon zucchini bread and tweaked it a little. I replaced the lemon with lime and added the sugary almond topping. Oh. My. Goodness.
They turned out better than I could have imagined. I think they are my new favorite zucchini bread/muffin recipe. They are nice and moist and have a buttery flavor with a hint of lime.
My 8 year old declared these his favorite muffin ever. I can’t wait to go buy more limes so I can make them again. Like, tomorrow. Oh man, I’m drooling now.
More tasty ways to bake with zucchini:
LIME ZUCCHINI MUFFINS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lime zest (or lemon zest)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Spray 15 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Shred the zucchini.
- Ad the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture with the grated zucchini. Stir lightly just till combined.
- Spoon batter into well greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar, then almonds.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes.
-You can make 15 muffins, or 12 muffins and one mini loaf. The loaf will need to bake for 25- 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g