No bake Mini Key Lime Cheesecake is tangy, sweet, creamy, and so fun to serve! Who can resist a mini dessert with buttery graham cracker crust, luscious lime filling, and sweetened whipped cream?
Whether you need a dessert that can be made ahead, or you need a last minute treat, these no bake lime cheesecakes are perfect! They are easy to whip up, and taste amazing! We especially love them on hot summer days, but they are tasty all year long.
NO BAKE LIME CHEESECAKE FOR THE WIN!
I love a tart and creamy key lime pie, but sometimes I just don’t want to heat up the oven. I hosted book club at my house a few weeks ago, and wanted a cool and refreshing dessert that didn’t require baking.
These lime cheesecakes fit the bill perfectly. You don’t even need to bake the crust, so they come together in a flash!
The filling is like a key lime mousse, and it would be great all on its own. But with a crunchy crust and creamy topping, they are out of this world. Everyone raved over them.
HOW TO MAKE MINI KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
- graham crackers – You will need a sleeve of graham crackers that you will crush to make the crust; or you can buy premade crumbs.
- butter – I like to use salted butter, but you can use unsalted if you prefer. The butter holds the crumbs together, so don’t skimp.
- cream cheese – Full fat cream cheese yields a thicker filling, but light cream cheese will also work. It works best to let it come to room temperature by letting it sit on the counter for 2-3 hours.
- sweetened condensed milk – This adds sweetness and creaminess to the key lime mousse filling. Do not confuse it with evaporated milk!
- lime juice and lime zest – You definitely want to use fresh lime zest, but bottled key lime juice will work fine.
- heavy whipping cream – You will be whipping up the cream for the topping. If you are in a big hurry, you can substitute canned whipped topping or Cool Whip.
- powdered sugar – A bit of powdered sugar adds some sweetness to your whipped cream, but it will not be overly sweet like Cool Whip.
- vanilla extract – A splash of vanilla makes the whipped cream extra flavorful.
- CRUST: Combine your finely crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl. Press into the bottom of your serving dishes.
I used these mini dessert dishes. They are so fun! A tart shaper is handy for pressing the crust down firmly, but you can just use your thumb.
- FILLING: Soften your cream cheese to room temperature. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk, scraping the sides of the bowl often. Beat in the lime zest and juice. Pipe or spoon into the serving dishes on top of the crust.
- TOPPING: Beat whipping cream in a glass or metal bowl with a hand mixer till soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat till well combined.
- GARNISH: Dollop the whipped cream on top of the filling, and garnish as desired. I used tiny slices of fresh lime, but you could use lime zest.
How to store mini key lime pie with cream cheese?
Because of the dairy in this recipe, you must store it in the refrigerator. It can be made ahead of time and chilled for up to 2 days. After that, the crust will get softer, but it will still taste great!
If you are making it ahead of time, I recommend whipping the cream and adding it right before serving (or a couple hours before).
- Instead of graham crackers, you can use vanilla or lemon oreo cookies.
- For a fun twist, garnish with fresh raspberries or raspberry sauce.
- If you need a gluten free version, you can just omit the crust and serve this dessert as key lime mousse.
- Want your lime dessert to have a more vibrant green color? Add a couple drops of green food coloring to the filling.
RECIPES FOR LIME LOVERS:
- Lime Shortbread Cookies
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Lime Sweet Roll Recipe
- Coconut Lime Cookies
- Lime Scones
MORE TASTY CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
- Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
- Homemade Cheesecake
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
MINI KEY LIME CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve)
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Crust: Finely crush a sleeve of graham crackers and measure 1 cup of crumbs into a small bowl. Stir in the melted butter.
- Divide crumb mixture between 12 small serving dishes and press down firmly.
- Filling: Soften cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer in a mixing bowl till smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the lime juice and zest and beat just till well blended. Pipe or spoon the filling over the crusts.
- Topping: In a metal or glass bowl, beat cream with hand mixer till soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat till well blended. Spoon a dollop on top of each dish.
- Serve immediately or chill for 2-3 hours. Garnish with lime slices or zest if desired.
You can assemble the crust and filling, cover and chill for 1-2 days. Add whipped cream before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 6g