White Chocolate Lime Scones . . . Soft, tender, and full of fresh citrus flavor, these scones are a yummy treat for breakfast or brunch.
Around here, January is almost always bitter cold. This one has sure started out that way. When it’s freezing cold outside, I tend to do more baking.
So a lot of baking got done around here over Christmas break. Nothing warms the house, and the tummy, quite like home baked bread, muffins, scones, and other goodies!
I came up with this lime scone recipe because I found some limes in the fridge that I needed to use up. I love the combination of the tart lime with the sweetness of the white chocolate.
And there is something about citrus that just makes me feel like the sun is shining, even if it isn’t. That’s probably one of the reasons I love lime so much! 😉
Other yummy recipes featuring lime:
White Chocolate Lime Scones Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp cold butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-2 tsp lime zest
- Milk for tops
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips for drizzle (optional)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter till coarse crumbs form. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Add milk and lime zest and mix just until moistened.
- Pat or roll into a circle about 1" thick. Cut into eight wedges and place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Brush with milk. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. If desired, drizzle with melted white chocolate.
-If you prefer, you can sprinkle the scones with sugar after you brush them with milk. I opted not to because I knew I would be drizzling them with white chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g