Coconut Chocolate Rolls – a decadent twist on traditional cinnamon rolls. These sweet rolls are loaded with coconut and chocolate chips, and drizzled with melted chocolate!
I love making (and eating) sweet rolls. Cinnamon rolls are always awesome, but I also like coming up with new sweet roll filling ideas. We love coconut and chocolate, so I thought it would be fun to use those flavors in a sweet roll recipe.
Coconut Chocolate Rolls were born.
You guys. These are awesome. My 12 year old told me they were one of the “best things I’ve ever made ever.” That’s saying something people! The chocolate on the inside is nice and gooey, and the coconut gets all sweet and crunchy with the sugar.
These decadent chocolate sweet rolls are practically begging to be served with a glass of cold milk!
MORE TASTY YEAST BREADS:
- Raspberry Rolls
- Best Cinnamon Rolls
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Cranberry Eggnog Bread
- Homemade Naan
- Italian Bread
- Soft Wheat Bread
- Lime Rolls
CHOCOLATE ROLLS WITH COCONUT
Sweet Roll Dough:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 cups flour
Coconut Chocolate Filling:
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut (I like toasted)
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix yeast, sugar, and water in a large bowl. Let sit for five minutes. Add milk, eggs, sugar, oil, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour a cup at a time. Add enough to get a soft dough. Knead till smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rest for about 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out on an oiled counter to a rectangle about 13×28″. Spread melted butter evenly over the top of the dough. Sprinkle sugar, coconut, and chocolate chips evenly over dough. Roll dough up and seal the edge by pinching. Cut into slices 1″ to 1 1/2″ thick.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet with sides. Cover with waxed paper and let rise till doubled, about 45-60 minutes. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Melt chocolate chips in a ziplock bag in the microwave at 50% power, squishing every 30 seconds till smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Drizzle melted chocolate over the warm rolls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 743Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 137gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 18g