Orange Banana Muffins – these moist banana muffins have a yummy citrus flavor. The glaze makes them extra delicious!
I’m not sure why, but when the weather starts turning warmer, I feel the need to bake with citrus. It’s just such a happy, sunshiney flavor, isn’t it?
I don’t know why I’ve never thought to combine orange and banana before, but it’s a perfect flavor combination. Such a yummy update on regular banana muffins.
These muffins are great just plain, but if you want a special treat, add the glaze on top. Sour cream adds a bit of tartness that balances out the sweet, and pairs perfectly with the orange zest.
If you’re looking for a new banana recipe (you can’t have too many), give these orange banana muffins a try. They would be perfect for a spring brunch or bridal shower!
Love muffins? Try these muffin recipes:
Orange Banana Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, melted butter, oil, buttermilk, mashed bananas, and orange zest. Add to dry ingredients. Stir together lightly till ingredients are just combined.
- Fill well greased or paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350° for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together glaze ingredients till smooth. Glaze muffins while still warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g