Disney lovers of all ages will go crazy for these Oreo Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy Treats!
We are big fans of Oreo rice crispy treats. But cut them in the shape of Mickey Mouse, dip them in chocolate, add a stick, and throw in some sprinkles, and they are pretty much the most fun rice crispy treats of all time!
Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy Treats are fine as they are, but it is even more fun when they are served on a stick, don’t you think? Just let them sit for a few minutes before you insert the stick. If they’re too soft, they fall apart. Of course don’t wait too long, or it’s harder to push in the stick.
Tip: I found it easiest to hold the treat down on the counter with the palm of my left hand while inserting the stick with my right hand. If the ears get bent out of shape, just straighten them before the treats harden all the way. To make them extra cute, tie on a little piece of baker’s twine before serving.
Dipped in chocolate and loaded with Oreos, these are some of the tastiest rice crispy treats I have ever tasted, and they are just so fun to serve. They are sure to be a hit wherever you serve them!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 9 Oreos, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, coconut oil, or shortening (not butter or margarine)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
- Red sprinkles
- Line a 9" square or 11x8" pan with waxed paper. Spray waxed paper with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and turn heat down to medium low. Cook and stir till smooth and melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add cereal and chopped Oreos, and stir till evenly coated. Press firmly into the prepared pan.
- Remove from pan and cut out with a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter. Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks if desired. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate over the Mickey ears, then place on parchment paper or waxed paper. Sprinkle with red sprinkles. Let sit till chocolate sets. It will take several hours, so plan ahead!
I used an 11"x 8" pan and got 12 treats. If you use a 9" pan, your treats will be thicker, and you will get about 9.
-Recipe originally published at I Heart Naptime
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “creabykara01-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Handy Supplies”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “21c7f8dc91ec1fe5b9d3cc4e4f925919”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B0057YQ2LK,B000MMKPEC,B004REMVWK,B0018AFQ0U”;
If you enjoyed this family-friendly treat, you’ll probably love these too!