Oreo Rice Krispie Treats– A favorite childhood treat just got better. I dare you to resist these rice krispie treats loaded with chunks of Oreo!
Rice crispy treats are not usually my dessert of choice. But these babies? I could not stop eating them! Because hello. Oreos. Why did I not think of this before? These oreo krispie treats are amazing!
- Fast – They take less than 10 minutes of effort, so you can make them even on the busiest of days.
- No baking – this is a bonus especially during the summer months!
- Hello – Oreos! Can you really go wrong when you add them to any treat? I think not.
- Creamy white chocolate drizzle – Of course, you could omit it and the oreo rice crispy treats will still be amazing. But a drizzle of white chocolate does make them extra irresistible!
- Smiles – You will be the star of any party or potluck if you bring these treats. Seriously, people go crazy for these things! You may want to make a double batch.
I like my rice krispie treats nice and gooey, so this recipe has more marshmallows than a standard recipe. In my opinion, they are best when they are still slightly warm. So if I’m eating them after they are cool, I’ll pop them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. So good!
I have tried making rice crispy treats on the stovetop, but I find that I get better results just using the microwave. Not only is it faster and easier, I think they turn out more soft and chewy. And who wants a dry rice crispy treat?
RICE KRISPIE TREATS MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- PREP WORK – Butter an 11″ x 8″ or 9″ pan. Crush or chop your Oreos and place them in a bowl with the rice krispies.
- MELT – First melt the butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Add the marshmallows and stir to coat. Cook on high, stirring with a silicone spatula every 30 seconds until the mixture is totally smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- COMBINE – Add the cereal/cookie mixture to the melted marshmallows. Stir quickly till evenly coated.
- FORM – Press the rice crispy mixture into your prepared pan. I find that the best way to keep them from sticking to your hands is to simply get your hands wet. Works every time!
- COOL & CUT – I find it is easiest to cut oreo rice crispy treats after they have cooled for 20 – 30 minutes, but it’s hard to wait that long, so you can cut them sooner. 😉
- GARNISH – After your rice krispie treats are cut, drizzle them with white chocolate. I like to eat them while they are still slightly warm and gooey, but you can let them cool completely.
Don’t want to make them in the microwave? You can just melt the butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Just make sure you cook it on low or it can scorch. Follow the remaining directions as written.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS:
Rice krispie treats are best within 3-5 days. Either store them in an airtight container, or cover them tightly with plastic wrap.
They won’t go bad after 5 days, they will just start to dry out. You can wrap them individually in plastic wrap to keep them soft a little longer.
OREO RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- I don’t love whole marshmallows in my rice crispy treats, but lots of people love it. You can stir in up to a cup of mini marshmallows with the cereal/Oreo mixture.
- Try browning your butter, it adds a rich and nutty flavor. Delish!
- Swap out some or all of the butter with coconut oil. It makes them extra creamy. I think it adds a very slight coconut flavor, but my family can’t detect it.
- Switch out the flavor of Oreos! We like regular chocolate the best, but I think lemon or peanut butter would be especially tasty.
- Instead of the white chocolate, drizzle the tops with semi sweet or milk chocolate. Or of course you can skip this step completely.
If you really love Oreos, be sure to check out this round up of almost 70 Oreo Treats!
MORE DESSERT BAR RECIPES:
- Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- Best Blondie Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Toffee Bars
- Peanut Butter Chip Bars
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Toffee Almond Bars
★ FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR MORE TASTY RECIPES.
OREO RICE KRISPIES
- Chop or crush Oreo cookies. Combine cereal and Oreos in a bowl; set aside.
- Butter the bottom and sides or a 11"x 8" pan (or spray with non-stick spray). Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the butter. Add the mini marshmallows. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds till mixture is completely smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the cereal/oreo mixture and stir to coat.
- Press firmly into the prepared pan. Let cool to room temperature and cut into squares.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small ziplock bag in the microwave at half power. Snip a corner and drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars.
You can use a 9" square pan for thicker rice krispie treats.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
(originally published 3/6/2016, updated August 2021)
A fun and irresistible twist on regular rice crispy treats, this cookies and cream rice krispie treat recipe is a must try! Made in the microwave in just minutes, it may just become your favorite no bake treat!