Have you ever tried homemade brown sugar biscuits? This version is extra tasty, thanks to a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping, and a sprinkling of chopped pecans. Perfect any time of day!
I found this recipe for pecan cinnamon sour cream biscuits on one of my favorite cooking blogs, your homebased mom. Leigh Anne is such a nice lady and has many more wonderful recipes that I can’t wait to try. I followed her biscuit recipe almost exactly.
These are the changes I made: I used fat free sour cream and salted butter (that’s all I had). I also brushed the tops of the biscuits with milk and sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on them. It makes the tops really pretty and adds a slightly sweet crunch.
MORE TASTY HOMEMADE BISCUITS:
- Butter Biscuits
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Cinnamon Biscuits (with cinnamon glaze)
- Bacon Biscuits
- Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
- Freezer Biscuits
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Biscuits with Pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 T cold butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, preferably toasted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp milk or cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry brush. (Or simply grate the butter in.) Add pecans.
- Stir the sour cream and milk together and add. Mix everything together with a fork till just blended. Don't overmix!
- Knead 3 or 4 times and pat to 1/2" thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut biscuits and place on cookie sheets. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake the biscuits at 425° for 12-14 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
-For light biscuits, you don't want to overwork the dough, so use a gentle touch.
-I have used fat free sour cream before, and the biscuits don't raise as tall, but they still taste marvelous!