No one can resist these tasty blossom cookies! They are sure to be a hit no matter where you serve them, and they are so easy to make. Cookies and cream kisses make them so pretty, and extra yummy!
Whether you need a cookie for a picnic, bake sale, or potluck, or if you just want to fill your cookie jar with some delectable treats, these cookies are perfect! They are loved by both kids and adults.
EVERYONE LOVES KISS COOKIES!
I’ve been making peanut butter blossom cookies since I was a kid, and they have always been a favorite. But nowadays they have so many flavors of Hershey kisses that I have started to branch out.
I’ve put kisses on macaroon cookies, used caramel kisses in cookies, and even melted mint kisses for cupcake filling. Mint truffle cookies stuffed with mint kisses are one of my personal favorites. There are just so many tasty possibilities!
Everyone in my family loves cookies and cream kisses, so naturally I had to come up with a way to use them in a recipe. Blossom cookies seemed like a great option. Who doesn’t love a cookie with a Hershey kiss in the middle?
I sent half of the cookies to work with my husband, and he came back with an empty plate and rave reviews. He even had one coworker tell him they were the best chocolate kiss cookies he’d ever tried. So whip up a batch of these cookies and cream blossom cookies, you won’t be sorry!
Feel free to switch out the flavor of hershey kiss if you like. The chocolate cookie base is delicious enough to stand alone, so it will be amazing topped with any candy of your choosing!
(To skip my tips and tricks and just see the recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
HOW TO MAKE HERSHEY KISS COOKIES
Ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- butter, softened to room temperature (I use salted butter in all of my recipes.)
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- eggs (I use large eggs in all of my baking.)
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour (I prefer unbleached.)
- unsweetened cocoa powder (I used regular Hershey’s cocoa.)
- baking soda
- baking powder
- Hershey kisses (cookies and cream)
- Unwrap the kisses. (I like to enlist the help of my kids for this job.)
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray or line it with a silicone liner (my personal favorite -nothing sticks to them). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream softened butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Scoop dough and roll into tablespoon sized balls. (I like to use a cookie scoop.) Roll in sugar, then place on prepared baking pans.
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Immediately place an unwrapped kiss in the middle of each cookie.
If you move the cookies while the kisses are melted, they will lose their shape and become puddles. Still tasty, but not as pretty. Either move them very carefully to cooling racks after you add the kisses, or underbake them a bit and let them cool completely on the baking sheet.
HOW TO STORE BLOSSOM COOKIES
You can store these cookies at room temperature for 3-5 days if they are placed in an airtight container.
Need to store them long term? Let them cool completely, then place them in airtight containers. I like to use heavy duty ziplock freezer bags. They will last for about 4 months in the freezer. Warning – the kisses do have a tendency to fall off when they are frozen.
MORE HOMEMADE COOKIES:
- Cherry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- 7 Layer Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Pistachio Kiss Cookies
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Filled Cookies
- Truffle Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Kiss Cookies
- Rolo Cookies
- Oatmeal Scotchies
COOKIES AND CREAM BLOSSOM COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 42 cookies and cream Hershey kisses (more or less)
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling
- Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl till fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the wet ingredients just till combined.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in sugar. Place onto lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Immediately place an unwrapped Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Cool completely on cookie sheets, or move very carefully to cooling racks.
You will not use all the kisses in the bag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g