With my kids back in school, the sleep in/ eat when we feel like it/ wear pajamas all day/ relax/carefree schedule days of summer are over. Thankfully, we are still enjoying glorious summer weather.
Which means I am trying to sneak in homemade ice cream as often as I can before the first frost comes. Have I mentioned that I love homemade ice cream? I’m pretty sure it is a major culprit in the um, shrinking of my pants. 😉
After trying the sweetened condensed milk in my Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream, I decided to come up with different flavors. Strawberries were on sale, and I had some cream cheese in the fridge, so Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream was was a natural choice.
And boy oh boy was it yummy! It takes a little planning ahead because you have to make the crust and let it chill, but the ice cream itself comes together in a snap. It is rich and creamy, and the strawberries and graham cracker crust are perfect together.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
Ice Cream Base:
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, chopped or mashed
- For crust: combine crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into a pie plate and bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes. Cool completely and crumble. Chill.
- Beat cream cheese till smooth. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Chill for several hours or till very cold.
- Add strawberries and freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Add graham cracker crust and stir in gently.
- Place ice cream in an airtight container and place in the freezer for a couple of hours to set up and blend flavors.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 53gProtein: 11g