Peanut Butter Nutella Bars – soft and chewy peanut butter bars with a layer of gooey nutella in the middle. Easy to make, hard to resist, and a perfect treat for chocolate peanut butter fans!
Take these tasty bars to any potluck or gathering and watch them disappear. No one has to know that you only spent a few minutes whipping them up. 🙂
NUTELLA + PEANUT BUTTER = BLISS!
If you’ve ever wondered “does Nutella go well with peanut butter?”, I’m here to tell you that it does. Oh boy does it ever!
My kids will tell you that even a peanut butter and nutella sandwich is delicious. But these bars are definitely a step (or ten) above that! After one bite, you will be in chocolate peanut butter heaven.
If your kids are anything like mine, you may need to hide the jar of nutella in your closet so your kids won’t eat it before you have a chance to use it in this recipe. Trust me, it’s worth it!
Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Press about 2/3 of the dough into a well greased 9×13” baking pan. Spread the Nutella evenly over the dough. Crumble remaining dough over the Nutella. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- PREP WORK – Spray a 9×13″ baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- DOUGH – Make a peanut butter cookie dough by creaming butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, then stir in the dry ingredients.
- LAYER – Press about 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan. Spread nutella evenly over the top.
- Crumble the rest of the dough over the Nutella layer.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- Creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe. If all you have is crunchy peanut butter, add another 1/4 cup to the dough so the bars won’t be dry.
- If your nutella seems thick, you can heat it in a glass bowl the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to spread.
- Bars are yummy while they are warm and gooey, but they are easier to cut after they have cooled completely.
LEFTOVERS? Bars will last for 4-5 days at room temperature if stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature, the nutella tends to overheat in the microwave.
LOVE NUTELLA? TRY THESE:
- Nutella Brownies
- Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- Nutella Rolls
- Strawberry Nutella Muffins
- Nutella Pizza
- Nutella Cheesecake Bars
MORE TASTY PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES:
NUTELLA PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat in eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into a well greased 9x13” baking pan.
- Spread the Nutella evenly over the dough. Crumble remaining dough over the Nutella.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- For easier cutting, let bars cool completely first.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g