Creamy, cheesy, and packed with flavor, Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole will be a hit with the whole family. This version is made all in one skillet, and you can have it on the table in under 30 minutes!
It can be tricky to find low carb chicken dinner recipes that are quick, simple, and taste delicious. This keto chicken and broccoli casserole is one of my favorites; I eat it just about every other week!
REASONS YOU NEED TO MAKE LOW CARB CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Unlike similar recipes, you don’t need to heat up your oven. You can of course toss it in a casserole dish if you want, but you can just make it all in one oven proof skillet. Less dishes to wash!
- Broccoli is packed with nutrients, but it can be hard to get kids to eat it. When it’s paired with chunks of chicken and creamy cheese sauce, even my picky eaters will finish it off!
- CHEESE! With both parmesan and mozzarella cheese, this easy keto dinner has perfect cheesy meltiness and flavor.
- Thanks to a garlic cream sauce and cheese, it is so rich and creamy! No canned soup required. My kind of comfort food, but without the carbs.
- It’s easy to whip up, and if you have any leftovers, they are great for lunch the next day.
Have I convinced you yet? Seriously guys, give this keto chicken and broccoli a try!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (KETO)
- salted butter – This adds both flavor and fat (which you need for ket0) to the dish.
- fresh broccoli – I don’t recommend using frozen broccoli for this dish, it gets pretty soggy. But you of course can use it if that’s ok with you.
- garlic – Fresh garlic definitely adds the best flavor!
- heavy cream – Makes the dish thick and creamy without the need to thicken with flour.
- cooked chicken – You can use leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken.
- parmesan cheese – Adds saltiness and flavor to the chicken broccoli keto casserole.
- mozzarella cheese – You will use a bit of mozzarella in the casserole, and sprinkle some on top.
- salt and pepper – Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- COOK BROCCOLI – Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli cook till crisp tender, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes. Remove cooked broccoli from the skillet.
- CREAM SAUCE – Turn heat down to low, add garlic, and saute for 60 seconds. Stir in the cream, parmesan, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cook and stir till melted and creamy.
- HEAT – Return broccoli to the sauce with the cooked diced chicken. Cook and stir till heated through. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- CHEESE – Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella cheese over the top. Place the pan on the top rack of the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is browned. (Or turn heat down to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.)
LEFTOVERS? This keto broccoli chicken casserole stores really well in the refrigerator, and heats up very easily. It will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container.
- If you want a more tangy flavor, you can replace some of the heavy cream with cream cheese.
- Want to make it lower in fat? Use light cream (half & half) instead of the heavy cream, or use half milk or chicken broth. You can also just steam the broccoli instead of sauteing it in butter.
- Add a teaspoon or two of your favorite mustard.
- For a bit of kick, you can sprinkle in some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Switch out the mozzarella cheese for cheddar, or any kind of cheese you like.
This cheesy chicken broccoli casserole is so easy and delicious, it may just become your new favorite keto chicken recipe!
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Keto Salmon Recipe
- Paprika Chicken
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Tex Mex Ground Beef and Cabbage
- Sirloin Steak Marinade
- Keto Ranch Dressing
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
KETO CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 16 ounces fresh broccoli, chopped (about 6 2/3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add chopped broccoli, cook and stir till crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes. Remove broccoli from skillet.
- Turn skillet to low heat, add garlic and saute for 60 seconds. Stir in the cream, parmesan, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cook and stir till melted and creamy.
- Return broccoli to the sauce with the diced chicken. Cook and stir till heated through. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella cheese over the top. Place the pan on the top oven rack and broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Instead of browning the cheese, you can just turn the skillet heat down to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 698Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 790mgCarbohydrates: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 50g