Taco Salad– This salad has the familiar flavor of tacos that everyone loves, but it is the yummy sauce that makes it extra special!
Being that it has been a little hectic at my house lately, I have been making lots of fast and easy meals. This taco salad is one of my favorites.
I love serving main dish salads, so as soon as the sun started shining, I put this on our menu. We had it last night and I forgot how much I love it.
It’s loaded with texture and flavor, and so hearty that it even keeps my boys satisfied. The creamy sauce takes it over the top!
We had a little bit of leftovers, and my husband was nice enough to let me have them all to myself for lunch today. Which is good because I didn’t really want to have to fight for them. But I would have if I had needed to. Good thing he is such a gentleman. 🙂
Thanks to my friend Judy for this great recipe. It is just sooo yummy!
MORE TASTY MEXICAN RECIPES:
BEST EVER TACO SALAD
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 2.5 oz can sliced olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light or fat free)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Brown hamburger in a skillet; drain off any fat. Add taco seasoning and water. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Chill.
- Combine all salad ingredients except chips in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately with crushed tortilla chips and sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g