How to Make Banana Zucchini Bread or Muffins
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
Spoon into well greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake at 325° for about 25 minutes.
To make bread instead, bake in a well greased 9×5″ pan at 325° for 55-60 minutes. You can also make bake three mini loaves; bake them for about 40 minutes.
How long will zucchini muffins last?
If stored in an airtight container, they will last 2-3 days at room temperature. If you store them in the fridge, they will last 5-7 days. You can also freeze them if you want to store them for an extended amount of time. They will keep for about 3 month in the freezer. I like to store them in freezer ziplock bags.
What is the best way to shred zucchini?
I just use a simple cheese grater, but you can use a food processor if you prefer.
Do the bananas have to be over ripe for banana bread?
Over ripe bananas are softer and sweeter, so they definitely make a difference in the finished product. If the bananas aren’t ripe enough, they don’t incorporate as well into the batter, you just end up with chunks of banana.
I think the more ripe the banana, the better. They should at least be covered in brown spots, but they are great if they are totally brown or starting to turn black.
HAVE AN EXCESS OF ZUCCHINI? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY:
- 2 cups flour (can use half whole wheat flour)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugars, oil, sour cream, and vanilla in a mixing bowl till well blended. Stir in banana, zucchini, and nuts.
- Stir in dry ingredients just till moistened.
- Spoon batter into well greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake at 325° for about 25 minutes.
- To make bread instead, bake in a well greased 9x5" pan at 325° for 55-60 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 26gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3g
See all my MUFFIN RECIPES.